Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-20-2013, 07:54 AM
BusterLove

Default Why Life is Busy

Yay free 30 minutes for Chaz!

I've seriously barely even looked at Chaz for months now. I thought I should jam an update on and let you know I'm alive. Plenty of you I have on facebook now anyway so I kinda see what your up to.

Anyway. I'm doing more and more work with dogs atm. A bit of grooming, instructing and training. Quinn can come out with me 4 or 5 days a week and we're finally making some inroads with her dog reactivity.
Just these last couple of days she's relised my trainers GSD has actually never hurt her and has put up with a lot of crap for her and maybe... just maybe he might be okay for chats and flirting.
She also had a huge game with a young husky in one of our classes last night.

I asked his owner if we could let them meet last night after class. His dog is so uber friendly and confident that even if Quinn did snark him I thnk he'd just brush it off and she has always really...seemed...to love him.
And she did. She played like the happiest puppy ever. Spinning and play bowing and leaping and turn tailing at about a million miles an hour. Doing full 360's in midair and landing in a playbow in less than half a second.
Not really ideal play but it was nice for her to have a realy good experience with another dog.

Long story short, life is awesome atm. I've only had like 6 days off since the start of Feb but I'm loving everything I'm getting to do. I've learnt so so much in the last 6 months.

And Quinn is turning into such a nice dog. I felt like she was just spiralling downwards and I was messing her up mroe and more. 6 months ago she reacted everytime she was crated and a dog passed, if I interacted with another dog if she could see, if she saw 2 dogs jump up on each other excitedly, if another dog ran and played or got excited. Now very few of those things set her off. Several dogs have lunged at her excitedly and she pretty much brushes it off.

Her confidence with strangers has increased a million %. where she used to be too nervous to let anyone pat her on the head now I've actually had to start teaching her not to jump on strangers. She lets people in the car happily and is relaxed with people in the yard. I was at my trainers house a few days ago and let her out to leave. Another trainer was there that she'd never met before and he didn't know how timid she used to be. He squatted down to call her over and roughly play with her to stir her up and she loved it, jumped up and wrapped her arms around his neck to lick him on the face.

Yay My Life.
Wish I had more time for Chaz but atleast I'm busy with good stuff.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:40 AM
Love my pets

Glad you checked in; do so more often. That's great that Quinn is doing so well. I look forward to hearing from you again & with some pics.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:47 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Awesome! So glad improvements are coming your way. You deserve it.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACD/BCx ::
Marquis' Livin' On Tulsa Time "Tulsa" 2014 ACD
& part-time resident Corral West Call Me A Grimm Fairytale "Story" 2012 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle