Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Default Ten and his Tardis.... :D

And the whole setup

Juvenile male from a local fish/reptile store. He fires up pretty dark red and daaark green, and has a really bold harlequin pattern. He's also got fringing and knee caps, and I see little white spots on his sides when he's all fired up too. He's not as hand tame as I'd hoped, but he definitely enjoys being hand fed. He's getting used to be handled, and he's started checking out his digs. I find him all over the tank depending on what times I check on him. So far I've just been trying to get him used to being handled and adjust him to being an only gecko. He was being housed with another juvenile that I'm pretty sure was a male. I'm already considering a tank mate for him.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:27 PM
Top Dog

I love him! But you already know that He looks bigger than Jag...you should weigh him lol. From this angle it looks like he was pretty nice structure, too! <3
Old 03-13-2013, 10:28 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

I've got to get a scale to weigh him first lol!!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Top Dog

Awesome!!! He looks great, lovely pattern and his tank looks fun! I'm loving the influx of cresties
Old 03-14-2013, 12:47 AM
Bite me.

OMG I LOVE. I want one someday, but I'm too worried about the care. Malinois I can handle...
Old 03-14-2013, 04:45 AM
Top Dog

Wow, he is so cool! Love his setup and tardis too

My Photos
Old 03-14-2013, 03:20 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

He's surprisingly easy to take care of! And it's super hard to not go buy another one lol. I really want a second one already, lmao.

Thanks guys! I worked really hard to make sure his tank was setup optimally for him because it is a bow front, so standing it on the end really couldn't happen lol.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:08 PM
Top Dog

Nice crestie!!

Just so you know, which you might already, but if you're thinking tank mates, males will fight and potentially kill each other. Especially in a tank that size. Male and females will breed willy-nilly. If you're wanting to get into breeding, make sure the female is at least 35 grams before allowing any mating, otherwise she can become eggbound.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Nice crestie!!

Just so you know, which you might already, but if you're thinking tank mates, males will fight and potentially kill each other. Especially in a tank that size. Male and females will breed willy-nilly. If you're wanting to get into breeding, make sure the female is at least 35 grams before allowing any mating, otherwise she can become eggbound.
Oh yes I know. The only tank mate I'm considering adding is an adult female really. He's definitely a boy, even if he's not as well endowed as Jaggrafess lol, but still a boy, so no other boys will be added. If I were to add another male, I'd section the tank off somehow....

Or get another tank...
Old 03-15-2013, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieDog View Post
Oh yes I know. The only tank mate I'm considering adding is an adult female really. He's definitely a boy, even if he's not as well endowed as Jaggrafess lol, but still a boy, so no other boys will be added. If I were to add another male, I'd section the tank off somehow....

Or get another tank...
yess get a girl lol. Though apparently they are relatively prolific. I want to let mine breed when they get big enough, if they are M/F. I'm not sure what to make of gecko breeding ethics though. My gut feeling is that they don't seem overpopulated, so it wouldn't hurt anyone to make nice looking pets vs top notch geckos. What do you think?