Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-12-2013, 04:50 AM
BusterLove

I keep getting offered nice young BC's. Left right and centre. The voices in my head are screaming "NO MORE YOUNG BC's THAT NEED WORK RIGHT NOW!"

I am promising myself my next dog will be a dog from lines full of solid temperaments.

It doesn't help that one of the family that has been training at our centres since their dog was a pup is rehoming him. I've known him since he was about 14 weeks old. I've said since day one he reminds me of Quinn with a worse start.
He's been highly dog reactive since he was a young pup and now (at 6 months) his owners have decided to rehome him. He's just wayyy too much dog for them. He's been in for boarding and training several times and he's got several play mates he runs with at the kennels no problems.
He could be a super dog with some solid work put into him with a better handler and I love getting to see him all the time.
They've asked if I'd be interested in him and it was hard saying I can't.
They are nice people though and dedicated to finding him the right home/foster.

He's my most current want anyway.

Old 03-12-2013, 05:06 AM
Big Dog

I have been tentatively looking around for a Doberman pup so I will have a big dog around when Susie goes in hopefully not a long while yet. When we went to our Agility trial last weekend which is about a five hour drive, there just happened to be a Doberman female puppy not far from where the trial was. If I had not been going to the trial, I doubt I would have considered it.

Anyway I came home with a brown and tan Doberman pup, 11 weeks old. She has settled in really well with my other dogs. She is sleeping in the crate at night, a little noisy the first night but better last night. I took her out for a pee break at 1 am and let her settle back in the crate when she came back in, then let her back out for a little while while I had a cup of tea.

She is going back in for the rest of the night now.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessLough View Post
You think YOU have want?

I don't even have puppy want. I just have general dog want.
Been there. Done that. Solved it with a Hudson.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-12-2013, 11:20 AM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyllobernese View Post
I have been tentatively looking around for a Doberman pup so I will have a big dog around when Susie goes in hopefully not a long while yet. When we went to our Agility trial last weekend which is about a five hour drive, there just happened to be a Doberman female puppy not far from where the trial was. If I had not been going to the trial, I doubt I would have considered it.

Anyway I came home with a brown and tan Doberman pup, 11 weeks old. She has settled in really well with my other dogs. She is sleeping in the crate at night, a little noisy the first night but better last night. I took her out for a pee break at 1 am and let her settle back in the crate when she came back in, then let her back out for a little while while I had a cup of tea.

She is going back in for the rest of the night now.
Who is the breeder?

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM
Top Dog

I have the want of 2 different breeds. On the list for a AST!!! I am super excited about. Then I am co.owning a bitch with Judge's breeder. So.....should be interesting since I will.be starting the bitch GSD and am unsure about timing on the AST litter.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.