Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Certified Animallover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnpagan
You don't know me, so don't assume anything. You typed 'sold', what was I to understand from that?

Most people will do other things than charging for puppies. They do interviews, home visits, reference checks, and applications with contracts.

Actually I said bought I was in a rush maybe you should not assume that everyone that ends up with puppies is irrisponsible. Accidents do happen

Old 04-26-2006, 12:14 AM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmandy
Actually I said bought I was in a rush maybe you should not assume that everyone that ends up with puppies is irrisponsible. Accidents do happen
Not with responsible owners.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:17 AM
Certified Animallover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnpagan
Not with responsible owners.

WHAT EVER! o maybe they abort when it happens mmm dont wanna let anyone know they could be irresponsible!

Old 04-26-2006, 12:18 AM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmandy
WHAT EVER! o maybe they abort when it happens mmm dont wanna let anyone know they could be irresponsible!
Even an emergency spay is better than having more homeless puppies, who could go on to produce more homeless puppies.

I hope you're at least spaying/neutering the puppies before they go to their 'adoptive' homes?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennSLK
Because RESPONSIBLE breeders are USUALLY the only ones responsible enough to keep a intact female from getting preg if they dont want her to. They have standards to keep, wich is why most regular people with a un altered female screw up in some way and have a litter, because most of them dont care about quality
I have to disagree somewhat with that. Whoops litters have happend to responsible breeders. Very few and far between but they have happend before.
Yes they have the knowledge to prevent such things.

Right now It is what it is.
Nothing can change that now
I only hope as many of you do, that this person will re think getting her female spayed.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 04-26-2006, 05:39 AM
Top Dog

I think they are adorable

That being said, I think you should just monitor her more closely next time. I can understand why you don't want to spay her, as I have no idea if it does something to their instinct or not. But yeah it means that she won't be able to do her job during heat too.

About your other message though, I do think that someone is not responsible if their dog bolts out of the front door and gets hit by a car, when they know the dog has a tendency to do that and do nothing to prevent it. And I've seen that happen, unfortunately. Same with people taking agressive dogs on walks without any precaution.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:06 AM
Show Dog

A question....How can one puppy be more "labish" and the other be more "retrieverish"? Ummm....Isn't a lab a retriever?
I wonder, would my Chessies be more "labish" or "retrieverish", or would they just be "Chessieish"?
Old 04-26-2006, 08:57 AM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Mary had a silent heat. Not one sign at all, and was pg when it was over. Gg kept saying she is too young, it must be a false pg. I said Mom false pg's don't kick and this one does.mShe too came into season two months early. It does happen, it happened to me. I sold the puppies for 35 dollars to discourage the bad, that replaced the vaccine price and ran mary all the way to the vet to be spay.

As to how one puppy can be one thing and another different, there can be two fathers.

All of Mary's pups recieved good homes.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 04-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Salty Sea Dog

wow. chessieish, thats a mouthfull lol.

on the spay thing, had a working female cocker, spayed, best worker in the world, wonderfull feild dog, great flusher, and actually MORE dedicated to work once spayed (hormonal gone = clearer mind, as a human in the same seat (not spayed but as good as) ive found that that lack of hormonal swings has helped me concentrate more!) so dont use "loses will to work" as an excuse not to spay.
femals also dont come into heat exactly every 6 months, some breeds its closer to 8 moths some dogs it all dpeends on what the weathers doing lately, just like human females sometimes there NOT regular, and even when they are there never to the day,
accidental litters are one thing, its just that this is open to more accidental litters, we dont know if nay of the pups whent home with at lease a spay/neuter clause in which case they too are now open to producing more "accidental" litters.
i mean i KNOW vixies supposed to come into heat around the end of may, that will be 6months from her last heat, however im EXPECTING her to come into heat anytime from the end of april through the beginning of june... you can never set your calendar by a dogs heat cycle...sry!

ill be the first to admit YES there are many purbred dogs in shelters but ill also tell you this, no RESPONSIBLE breeder will ever let a "product" of their breeding program end up in a shelter, thos purebreds you see in the shelters 99% of them come from irresopnsible back yard breeders and puppymills who dont offer the extra support after the puppies head to their new home.

even breeders have the posisbility of an accidental litter, lets face it even breeders have lives and family and how many times has a child who knows no better left a door or a gate open and the male gotten to the female? but even those pups are either emergency aborted or found homes based on spay.neuter contract only and even then still under the same support as any non accidental puppies.

any puppies i prodice will be sold only pet contract (spay/neuter) and on contract that under any circumstances they cannot keep the dog it will be returned to ME. i produce the pup therfore for the rest of that dogs natural life I am responsible for its wellbeing.
i speak for MYSELF
im sure many RESPONSIBLE breeders also have the same clauses and restirctions and desire to do right by the puppies they produce!

now all that being said (and i know noone wanted to hear it) the pups are cute glad there finding new homes, hope it doesnt happen again with your girl and hope it doesnt happen with any of the pups in the future!
And please, wherever you heard that is changes their will to work, there are MANY spayed females in agility and feild trials, all of them WONDERFULL working dogs. if thats the only reason you wont have herspayed then please redo your reaserch and reconsider. its a MYTH! (just like fixed dogs will get fat and lazy, belive me, in a house full of both fixed and unfixed animals, if naything the unfixed animals are the lazy ones and the fixed animals the most active and eager to learn/work.

I wonder if other dogs think Cresties are members of some weird religious cult?

Adventures In Cluck Clucks, watch them grow @
http://suburbancluckclucks.blogspot.com

Hand Made Fleece Blankets

Old 04-26-2006, 10:32 AM
Show Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by smkie
As to how one puppy can be one thing and another different, there can be two fathers.
That's fine...but a lab is a retriever, so how can one be more "labish" and one more "retrieverish" when they are one and the same?