Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexus
Yeah that sounds like you were real careful. Bitches DO show signs of heat, at least two weeks of signs, not to mention the 3rd week they are ready to breed. It is a matter if there is someone monitoring them as closely as they should be doing. I am not one to push altering a pet if someone choses not to, for whatever misguided reasons (in this case) they choose, however I would hope the owner be more responsible and prevent pregnancies. Seems like this wasn't the case here.

Sorry Charlie, I know you ONLY want to hear from people interesting in buying your pups (not adopting IMO you are selling them), but hey post on a public forum, and you are going to hear the publics responses. By the way, bitches don't punch a 6 month time clock with their heats, so expect it to happen again, spay this time and save some lives why don't you.
THANK YOU LEXUS!! You said exactly what I wanted. Obviously someone wasn't very careful, because dogs don't have heats on schedule... you can't just say on okay, on Tuesday, she's going into heat... it just don't work that way, sunshine.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:11 PM
Dobiegurl

OMG!!! Not another "you should have been more careful" thread. Why don't people realize whats done is done, the puppies are here, can't take them back. I'm sure she would be more careful next time. People are entitled to have intact animals, I don't see why breeders are the only ones "worthy" enough to have intact animals.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:26 PM
F150 and a .30-06

Quote:
I don't see why breeders are the only ones "worthy" enough to have intact animals
Because RESPONSIBLE breeders are USUALLY the only ones responsible enough to keep a intact female from getting preg if they dont want her to. They have standards to keep, wich is why most regular people with a un altered female screw up in some way and have a litter, because most of them dont care about quality

Sakkara's And Then There's Emma - My heart. My Soul. My Co-Pilot. Feb 26 2005 - Oct 22 2009
Can Ch Liberty's Surfer Girl TT - You will always be with me
Phil Ch Groundsniffin Secret Solo - National Specialty Winners Bitch, Multi Best Opposite In Show
Old 04-25-2006, 11:28 PM
Certified Animallover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rottnpagan
THANK YOU LEXUS!! You said exactly what I wanted. Obviously someone wasn't very careful, because dogs don't have heats on schedule... you can't just say on okay, on Tuesday, she's going into heat... it just don't work that way, sunshine.
Ty for your advice Like I said its taken to heart.

Thank you Dobiegirl for your understanding! I think If they are going to holler at me they should go holler at all those "professional" breeders Because there are the same amount of homeless purebreds as mix breeds. And they keep pumping them into the world for $$$$ That wasnt the case here.

Allso ty Blue for your interest ... Yes its to bad you live so far.
Actually I have found 4 puppies home today good ones to. One in our local neighborhood and one a few counties away! The other two Someone in Washington DC adopted!!!!

Last edited by canadianmandy; 04-25-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:34 PM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmandy
Actually I have found 4 puppies home today good ones to. One in our local neighborhood and one a few counties away! The other two Someone in Washington DC bought!!!!
So it IS a sale. Not an 'adoption'.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobiegurl
OMG!!! Not another "you should have been more careful" thread. Why don't people realize whats done is done, the puppies are here, can't take them back. I'm sure she would be more careful next time. People are entitled to have intact animals, I don't see why breeders are the only ones "worthy" enough to have intact animals.
I'll keep saying it til the day I die. If you are not responsible enough to keep your intact dogs apart or away from other dogs, than you are not responsible enough to own an intact dog. And you are not going to be free from me saying so.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:54 PM
Certified Animallover!

Quote:
So it IS a sale. Not an 'adoption'.
When dealing with strangers you cannot hand out puppies like candy they will turn out abused and neglected. SO I have small adoption fee. I miss typed srry I can see your just waiting for me to make a mistake so you can nitpick

Old 04-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

I'm newly in and out of here !!!!! Don't get Grammy started !!! Find homes for the babies then spay and neuter !!! A lovely bunch of mutts .... hope you socialized well after the whelp.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-25-2006, 11:58 PM
Rottweiler Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianmandy
When dealing with strangers you cannot hand out puppies like candy they will turn out abused and neglected. SO I have small adoption fee. I miss typed srry I can see your just waiting for me to make a mistake so you can nitpick
You don't know me, so don't assume anything. You typed 'sold', what was I to understand from that?

Most people will do other things than charging for puppies. They do interviews, home visits, reference checks, and applications with contracts.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:02 AM
Certified Animallover!

Quote:
I'll keep saying it til the day I die. If you are not responsible enough to keep your intact dogs apart or away from other dogs, than you are not responsible enough to own an intact dog. And you are not going to be free from me saying so.
Ok so its not responsible well then same goes if you open your door and your dog runs out and gets hit by a car. same goes if your child leaves somthing harmfule out and your dog eats and dies.Or if by chance your dog attacks someone as your out walking it.... If your not responsible enough to prevent that or any other accident then you should not own a dog. If rules coem witj one it comes with ALL! And there are lots of "proffesional" breeders who end up with mix breed dogs on accident.

Closed Thread