Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 03-09-2013, 03:36 PM
Top Dog

Any word from Jasmine's House?

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-09-2013, 05:30 PM
Active Pup

We've been playing tug more and he hasnt been as growly, I dont know if its because hes playing more or because he is tugging with Rush and she doesnt like it when he growls at her. They really like tugging together though. I also started teaching him to fetch, and while he brings it back near me so I can grab it he doesn't understand that bringing it to me means I will throw it again. At least idt he does. I haven't been letting him even remotely play with myself so I guess we haven't even approached a situation where he can bite me, he is usually focused on the toy I have or the toy Rush has. As long as I don't try and get affectionate and pet him my hands are safe from being nommed lol.

He also had his first taste of raw, I am not so sure he liked it, since after he licked it he started crying to let me out of the kennel.

I have not heard back from Jasmine's house. I was going to call but there is no phone # listed on their website. I have a friend who might be willing to take him. She has a pit bull currently and understands the breed. He would get plenty of socialization there too, so I will let you know Tomorrow Alex, but as its looking right now I think I am going to be going with the rescue you found. I still hope Jasmine's house gets back to me, but I dont know if they will.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 PM
Active Pup

It is a shame when people give dogs to other people as a gift. This is a horrible practice and I feel that giving dogs as gifts can be very reckless. Sometimes people aren't ready for an animal and in this case a potentially dangerous animal.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:35 PM
APBTs & One Crazy Banana

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogtrainer28 View Post
Sometimes people aren't ready for an animal and in this case a potentially dangerous animal.
All animals are "potentially dangerous" animals.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Popping in to say THIS.

"Ma'ii is always out there, waiting. And Ma'ii is always hungry." - Navajo proverb
Old 03-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Agility freak!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenSins View Post
Could not agree more.

Zoey - Mini Aussie / Psyche - Border Collie / Simi - GSD
Forever Missed Bella - GSD [03-11-07 - 09-17-10]
Going For 'Good Dog!' Blog
Old 03-09-2013, 10:55 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Yes I also find it a tad annoying when someone reads "pit" or "bully" & automatically jumps to the conclusion that that dog has more likely hood to become a dangerous animal.

The horses I work with daily are more dangerous then any pit or bully breed or mix I have ever come across.

Old 03-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Top Dog

I'll make a separate thread for this, but just so we get an idea:

Anyone willing to help with transport from MD (not sure exactly where) to NY? Either next week or next weekend if it's easier to transport on the weekend. I can pick him up any time from the metro NY/NJ/Newark/Jersey City-ish area, and could go further (like Allentown or Trenton) on the weekend.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 AM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeRushMav View Post
Stef, , if you could contact her for me that would be awesome! I have not heard back from them yet, but I have been checking my email through-out the day. I was going to give them till tomorrow morning to contact me before I called to bother them. If you cannot, I will call them tomorrow morning and see if they can take him.

If Jasmine's house is not willing to take him, I would be willing to send him to NY. I know he needs a good forever home so wherever his best chance at getting a home is, is where I want to send him. I cannot drive him to NY, but if transport is arranged, I might be able to drive him a few hours somewhere else to meet a transporter.
She's aware of the situation but needs your contact information. Can you PM me your first name and telephone number so I can give it to her? She will give you a call and try to set something up. I'm not sure what her foster situation is right now (she fluctuates between 1-4 puppies + her own 3 dogs) but if she has room she'll probably come straight to you to get the puppy or arrange a good meeting place.

AFAIK the Jasmine's House email coordinator has not received your email, but they might have by now and not had time to respond or something.

If you want to arrange transport to NYC, no worries, just let me know and I will get un-involved.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:50 PM
Active Pup

I am actually glad you said something, because it would be much easier to take him somewhere within the MD borders (which I could transport). I will PM you my contact information. I was just about to give up on Jasmine's house, so you reached me right in time. Is it for sure that they will take him?