Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Cat and Pet Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Top Dog

Default The Mighty Jagrafess of thee Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe

Aka Jagrafess! Or Jag. Or Jagger.

I got him at a local reptile shop this afternoon after I got off work. It just so happens that this is the same reptile shop our geckos at work came from, but the ones at work were donated by a third party that originally got him from there. They only had 3 crested geckos, all male. There was one that looked similar to this guy, but bigger and he looked cloudy (they said usually he's bright yellow). Then this guy, then one that was maybe chocolate and cream harlequin? I'm still learning the morphs, so I can't guarantee that. They looked very well taken care of, nice set ups, and they were very willing to get each of them out to show me.

I had anticipated getting a much smaller one, maybe an older hatchling, but they didn't have any. That's fine, but it means he'll need a tub upgrade pretty soon! As in probably as soon as I can get one, put it together, and let it cure/air out (he's currently in a 27qt tub). I haven't weighed him yet, but my guess is he's around 25g. He's much smaller than the 45g female we have at work, and roughly the same size as our 30g leopard gecko.

He's already found his food and eaten it (very willingly!), finger painted with said food, found his humid hide (which is almost too small, too!), and pooped. Off to a good start He's VERY tame and handleable. They handle their reptiles regularly at the shop, and while I was checking out he was climbing all over the guy's arm.

I'm still a bit unsure of his color/morph. He's been brown, green, yellow, and olive already since I got him this afternoon. He has many spots - around 40 - and most of them are black, but there are several red ones too, including a BIG red spot under his neck I love the patternless/nearly patternless geckos, and I love spots, so he's pretty much exactly what I wanted. There may be some very faint striping, but it's VERY faint, or I'm imagining things.

I'm so happy with this little guy! Even though he already needs a tank upgrade, I'm glad I ended up with a young adult instead of a hatchling.

Old 03-03-2013, 01:13 AM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

He is cute

I love geckos!

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-03-2013, 02:32 AM
Top Dog

Congrats, he's lovely!!! And he has testicles! I knew they had "bulges" but I didn't realize that they dropped so far and so obviously. I'm happy for you that you got an older one, a 2 month old is just so tiny lol I can't wait till mine grow to be his size!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xandra View Post
Congrats, he's lovely!!! And he has testicles! I knew they had "bulges" but I didn't realize that they dropped so far and so obviously. I'm happy for you that you got an older one, a 2 month old is just so tiny lol I can't wait till mine grow to be his size!
Actually, they're hemipenes And yeah, they're pretty obvious They're easy to sex when they're adults. I'm not planning on breeding, so I'm glad all they had were males. That way there's no egg binding or worrying about keeping calcium levels up for laying eggs. It would be cool to come across a parthenogenic egg, but I'll take the easy male
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

He's super freaking cute, and I really actually like the minimalism of his colors.

Though the super flashy morphs are really really cool too, lol
Old 03-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
Actually, they're hemipenes And yeah, they're pretty obvious They're easy to sex when they're adults. I'm not planning on breeding, so I'm glad all they had were males. That way there's no egg binding or worrying about keeping calcium levels up for laying eggs. It would be cool to come across a parthenogenic egg, but I'll take the easy male
Ahhh that's embarrassing I knew about hemipenes in monitors and such but I was reading a thread on a herp forum and people called them testicles and I bought it. His HEMIPENES are impressive, there.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

Also, I'm definitely Jealous. With a capital, yes.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 AM
Top Dog

He's got great head structure!

Congrats on your first crestie, they're fun and so easy to care for!
Old 03-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

Ah he's so cute! My girly is spotted too and I love this guy's color! And he's huge!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 03-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Wookie Collie

He's gorgeous! Judging from photos alone, he looks to be a patternless or bicolor (leaning towards bicolor) with dalmation spots (obviously!). Would love to see him fired!

I mean, Ysera looked a bit like Jag in the daytime...

...but fired into this burgundy harlequin.

More pics! You're fueling my crestie want. I miss Ysera like crazy.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014