Tokay

Are they really that bad? Yes, I want them based on looks, but they seem rather simple as long as you either don't pick them up, or are prepared to get bit.

Any good setups you've seen?

Xandra

I was going to get a pair of these before I got the cresteds! Theyre almost all wildcaught and I've read Tokays default to fight vs flight more frequently than other geckos, but if you look on YouTube you'll see they can definitely be tamed! I can remember one particularly nice viv, I'll see if I can find it when immhome. I still want tojays!!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
They are extremely intelligent. If you work with them, most can be tamed. I loved mine more than any other gecko species I've owned.

Saeleofu

They're gorgeous animals, but their temperament and size turned me off for now. The place I got my cresteds at sells Tokays for $18 though, so the lizards themselves are not expensive.

k9krazee

I had one for several years that I acquired from my science teacher as an adult.

She wasn't mean but would try to bite if you weren't wearing gloves but we never tried to handle her. She would often escape from her tank and would always return after a couple hours.

Members online