Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One

By myself I usually tend to draw, paint, sculpt, sew, crochet, and cook. Sewing and crochetting don't happen that often though. And dog stuff, but during the school year I don't really have time for much of any of this.

With friends, I like: Gaming ( Catan, Dominion, Munchkin...) but that is mostly with my siblings and their SO's, because for some reason not that many people my age like to game. Weirdos. I also play frisbee during the summer when all the college people I know get back in town. With my best friend, we usually just hang around, bike around, or walk around downtown.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:02 AM
Top Dog

By myself: I train the dogs, knit, sew, read....and I have various other random hobbies that I don't devote much time to.

With Matt: Game, watch TV, we go hiking when I can drag him out (otherwise I go by myself), we spend a lot of time at the park in the spring/fall...just hang out.

I used to go fishing and four wheeling but those were things I did with my dad and we don't live quite close enough. Plus he has to work almost every weekend during the spring/summer which sucks.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaospony View Post
I used to be big into fish
Me too but I guess it's telling that I didn't even think to put it on the list . I just have two planted tanks now and while I enjoy watching them I am not really into fussing with them much...they pretty much are what they are and that's good enough

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Wookie Collie

Solo hobbies... mostly involve making things.

I draw, I paint, I knit, I crochet, I think of other things to finagle... right now I'm learning to design my own papercraft figures, which involves a lot of rulers, notes and cut-up paper EVERYWHERE. I'm a bit of a creative.

Playing/training/adventuring with Finnegan and spending time with my other pets, obviously. I also enjoy running and biking when it's not snowpocalypse outside.

Social hobbies...

They also involve Finnegan sometimes - hiking, playdates, walks. I love board game nights with friends, or nights out at the pub. Beer sampling is a social hobby.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Kung Pow Fish

Solo: Reading, video games, going to get into leatherworking

With others: dog stuff, video games

Wow Im boring
Old 03-05-2013, 11:10 AM
Top Dog

Good thread topic!

Hobbies and Interests I do on my own: Genealogy and, well, that's pretty much it. I used to do a lot of needlework (needlepoint, cross stitch, lace crochet, knitting) but arthritis got the best of me. Still do some beaded macrame jewellery (and dog tag collars), but not so much anymore.

My husband's my best friend, so we do most things together. Mostly Geocaching, hiking, camping, touring local micro breweries (my all-time favourite was one in a former church!) and this year we're buying a canoe. Outside of that, our lives have gone to the dogs, literally. Friendships and social life revolve around greyhounds, pretty much.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:35 PM
Top Dog

Most of my 'hobbies' involve Jackson in some way, LOL. I like doing dog-related things and finding dog-friendly places to go to. I probably would never go on walks, or hikes, or find new places to explore if I didn't have him.

I like photography, but again, most of my pictures end up being of him, LOL. Same with videography. I like editing videos, with music, etc, mostly of him, hahaha.

I do enjoy going out to dinner, going to the movies with friends, watching shows with friends, or just plain hanging out and chatting. I like the computer, but spend 80% of the time on it doing dog stuff too hahaha.

Brit & Jackson

Old 03-05-2013, 03:43 PM
Top Dog

My hobbies are Crossbone (training, agility, walking, exploring, visiting people) and I also enjoy photoshop & photography (ex took the DSLR), crochet & volleyball.

My SO & I work together and spend all of our free time together (Crossbone is becoming OUR biggest hobby). We really enjoy traveling to visit friends and family, good beer/beer dinners/brewery tours, WWE, music/making music, playing cards & swinging life away.

Right now it feels as if our biggest hobby is wedding planning but that'll be over soon enough.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 03-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Top Dog

We don't have a lot of hobbies.

Working on the house, does that count as a hobby?

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 03-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by joce View Post
Together
Horses. I usually end up trail riding with my cousin but here we plod around and we do all the work together and that's what matters. He goes to congress and equine affaire with me. He owns two of our three and wants a draft.

Guns- love em! He's upset I won't get my cc but I don't see the point since I can't carry to and from work. Just a hobby for me. He is auxiliary here and had to take the class. We can shoot from our old mare- combined hobby!
Gah, I miss horses so much. I can't wait to own my own again so that I can just go out and ride. I loved riding through the mountains. It was so awesome, breathtaking, and exciting. I also really want to learn to rope, and I love team sorting.

Red Mountain in CO.

And, I take my CCW class next month. Lookin' at a .22 mag snub nose revolver with a hammer, probably from S&W. Josh is currently looking at a new bird gun, possibly a Beretta Super Black Eagle II (is that right?), and an Ultra Slugger something or other. Mounted shooting would be awesome. I'd love to do that someday.

Oh, another hobby- We love to just go cruise in the Jeep. We used to go in the mountains all the time looking for different places to hike or fish, now we just cruise down back roads around here finding different lakes and potential new waterfoul hunting spots. I'm really excited for him to get his Griffon, as I think it will be a blast to go out with him and watch how he hunts with the dog.

Also- future hobby, I really want to create mini cattle drives, where you take a smallish herd of cattle, worked off horseback with dogs, and just have a handful of people move the herds to different pastures and such. Sounds dumb, probably, but I'm super excited.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle