Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

I read a lot. A lot of the animal stuff I do is by myself. I'm with a volunteer group for my local shelter and while Chris initially joined me, he's slacked off now. Not really his thing.

However, we do most things together. Gaming is a HUGE part of what we do. That's how we met and it's still what we enjoy most.

I don't really have a lot of hobbies, though. Reading, animal stuff and gaming.

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Dogs.

Life outside of dogs is a bit of cooking, hiking, TV/movie watching, and home improvement. I do pretty much everything with Denis.
Pretty much this, minus the hiking.

I write, read, dog sit, watch films. Agility.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Me: dogs (with loving support from my SO), drawing and painting, gardening (he helps with the hard/heavy stuff), photography

With my SO: Gaming, Hiking, we spend most of our time together

With friends: cooking, gaming

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 03-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Top Dog

My husband and I like to work in our yard together. I guess you could call that a hobby. We also do a lot of kyaking. I read a lot and he watches movies while I read. He has a man cave with a big tv and stereo system with all the gadgets and I have my living room that I read in front of the fire and sometimes we cuddle up there and watch a movie together. Winters are pretty boring for us, we will go snowmobiling in the mountains a few week-ends but other than that we tend to hybernate from November til April. We do dinner and drinks once a week in the winter. I am more social than him so I tend to meet with friends more than him. Once a week I go over my friend Jims house and we have dinner and wine and catch up.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Top Dog

I like this thread a lot, it's cool to see who you have surprise similar interests with, and who has unusual hobbies!

I don't really have any set hobbies that I carve out a lot of free time for or are really invested in, but I have a lot of interests that I dabble in.

Reading - I used to belong to a book club, but we all moved away. I talk about books with my friends a lot, though.
Writing - mostly screenwriting, but other things as well
Scrapbooking, sewing - I don't do these often anymore, but I used to and would like to start again
Cooking - I cooked way more when I lived alone/near my friends. I miss it.
Community events - not sure this counts, but stuff like community fairs, public meetings, town holiday events, etc...I go to most of that stuff.
Game nights - I used to this a lot, again, my friends all moved away. Trivia nights, too.
Music - I used to see a lot of live shows, I spend a lot of time reading about different groups, etc.
Outdoor stuff - I love hiking, canoeing, swimming, etc. I play frisbee, but just with friends.
Gardening - I try to grow vegetables. It sort of works.

That's mostly it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 03-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Top Dog

Sewing/harness making is/has turned into a hobby. Also writing/blogging, photography, dog sports/shows, dog stuff in general. I don't generally do any hobbies WITH people, though. That's just now how I work. Hobbies are for me to be alone with my thoughts and my activities.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 PM
Got Floof?

Gardening (Vegetables and Fruits)
Anything involving construction. I like building stuff around the house or tackling various challenges.
Running
Anything physical. I love a good workout no matter what it is.
Hiking
Photography

I go through all that stuff in phases lately. Since I work 60+ hours a week I can't really commit to any hobbies in a regular basis, so I seem to go through gardening phases, then hiking, photography, running, etc etc which last a few weeks to a few months.

I also watch TV but I would go 2 episodes a day for a couple weeks then not watch anything at all for months.

I don't have any friends that spend time with me IRL so I have no hobbies there. I have business friends but that's a whole another thing. My SO and I broke up a while back so that's over with as well.

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-04-2013, 07:10 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Varies. I usually have several different pet projects around, and in general just like to learn new skills and information.

I like playing with photography but I'm not really hardcore about the technical aspect of it...I just enjoy seeing what moments I can capture. Growing food is another thing I really enjoy, though getting a good start on that at the new location is not going anywhere fast. When I have the time and money, I love long hiking or canoe/portage trips but it's been way, way too long since I did anything serious on that front...mostly just day hikes now. Hoping to get some good windsurfing in this summer. Running in the woods is my church but I messed up my knee pretty badly late last summer and it's taken til now to heal fully so I am sorely out of shape at the moment.

And of course dog training. Agility is pretty my favorite thing to do, study, discuss, and play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
Anything physical. I love a good workout no matter what it is.
That could be taken many different ways...lol

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-04-2013, 07:16 PM
Got Floof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai
That could be taken many different ways...lol
Oh, goodness. No. I would never do such a thing. I blush at the very suggestion.

That was not what I meant and you knew that, brat!

Kobe the Fluffy Cloud, Alaskan Malibu-te, Mar. '05
Syl the Stormblessed, Border Collie, Dec. '13

Old 03-04-2013, 07:27 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBark View Post
Oh, goodness. No. I would never do such a thing. I blush at the very suggestion.

That was not what I meant and you knew that, brat!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13