Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 04-24-2006, 07:07 PM
Top Dog

Dizzy took the words right out of my mouth - you can just never have the same mutt twice. That, plus frankly would you give your puppies to people who don't even seem that interested in having a dog in the first place? What will they do when they realize that the puppies are nowhere like their mom? Having a puppy is something that should be throughoutly thought for, not a spur-of-the-moment thing just because someone is breeding their cute dog.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

I don't believe in mixed breeding, for the sake of wanting pups. Where would you find a sire ? Certainly not from a pure bred. So you would end up with a mixed litter every possible good and bad genetics. Plus all the last posted problems. GOOD litters take many, many weeks of time and money. Really, it's not worth your pup's health or your time and money . You, your family and friends would do better getting a pup from the HS. You will never get a clone. We don't want to drive you away, so please post questions and keep an open mind.

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-24-2006, 08:37 PM
Top Dog

if ur dog has 2 puppies thats 2 possible homes wasted on ur pups instead of ones that need homes in shelters

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!
Old 04-24-2006, 09:38 PM
Top Dog

Have you read the " Miracle of Birth " thread ???

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 04-24-2006, 10:50 PM
Rottweiler Queen

Sounds like someone's trying to stir a debate, or to provoke responses.

Just don't do it, dude. (breed, that is... provoke away!)
Old 04-24-2006, 10:55 PM
Jerk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pup-man
I'm thinking about breeding my "mix" in the future. I have more than plenty of homes for them ... most are friends and relatives and I plan on keeping one.

I'm already in the process of ordering books. I plan on getting "test" done for them. I'm capable of paying any "out of the ordinary" fees or bills I may incur doing this.

Would this make me an irresponsible breeder? I'm obviously not breeding to "better the breed"..... she's a poodle mix. I don't plan on doing anything for a long time though... just wanted to hear everybodys opinions or suggestions about this.
Any suggestion and advice for breeding mutts has allready been answered in the Breeding ground area, just peruse the threads and search if you need to.

I can think of no responable reason to breed more mutts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 04-25-2006, 06:00 PM
but please call me Aus.

There are so many homeless animals being PTS every day. I don't understand why you want to do this? Please watch this video... Maybe it would help you understand more...

http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24365
Old 04-25-2006, 06:43 PM
Big Dog

Default pupman

pupman, maybe your friends saying they only want a dog if it's one of your puppies are just saying that as a compliment to your dog,and they're not really serious about having a dog; that's evident by them refusing to even consider a rescue. How will you feel when you take the chance of breeding your dog, and God forbid something happens to her and you lose her, all because you wanted one like her, and your friends did too? Or, how will you feel if all goes well, you have puppies, and come to find out that your friends who willingly accepted a pup, decide down the road to get rid of it because it's not what they expected. You'll never know what becomes of that puppy from your bitch. Really consider these things as they are possibilities/probabilities, is your doggy's life worth taking those chances? Please give it more consideration and keep us updated.

THANK YOU BB AND DARKCHILD FOR MY BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE SIGGY!!!!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Evil Kitty taco eater

Theres thousands of mutts in shelters, foster homes and on death row. Encourage those people who want a pup from your female to adopt please.

Where am I going? And why am I in this hand basket!!!?
Old 04-26-2006, 12:54 PM
Int CH - $uperBitch

why dont u foster a litter from a animal shelter and then you can realise how hard it is to bring up a litter and then u can advise the pups to ure friends.