Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-27-2013, 07:36 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
You can't put a price tag on an ass that actually doesn't sag. Plus, if it lasts over the years, it's really just spending $40 - $60 a year on really nice jeans, which is less than I spend already on jeans I never wear. My two favorites are both $187.

And seriously... no more saggy butts??! Now I need this. Hate you and your nice clothes and logic.
Hell, it was Lance who convinced me this logic was sound. I usually balk at spending a lot on clothing with dresses and sometimes shoes being the exception, but after my first pair of R&B's I was convinced. Dat ass don't lie.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Jelly baby?

Walmart, Kmart, DAV/Goodwill, Target, etc. Mostly Kmart because spring and fall they have ALL THE SALES and I can get dress pants and jeans for $2-$5 each.

Shoes - VFFs online from whatever store has them on sale when I need them, everything else from Walmart or the like.

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 02-27-2013, 10:40 PM
Top Dog

Goodwill/thrift stores for the majority of clothing. I find the most awesome deals there - this week I bought seven pairs of jeans, three t-shirts, three track/running shorts, and a skirt for like $25. Awesome.

Undergarments I'll usually buy at Target or Wal-Mart, I'm really not picky. I try to go when they're having some sort of sale.

Shoes I'll buy at Wal-Mart, Target, Pay-Less, whatever. I have a $50/pair limit on shoes, and when I find comfy work shoes I buy an additional couple pairs and then I have shoes for a year!

We have to wear logo'd stuff for work, and its ridiculously expensive. I could get like five Goodwill t-shirts for what one work shirt costs.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:46 PM
Top Dog

The Limited.

Oh gosh, I love that store. Everything actually fits. Everywhere else expects professional women to have boobs and hips. I don't have them, but the smaller limited sizes fit my body. I buy everything there--work dresses, semi-dressy tops, and jeans.

Once in a blue moon I'll find something elsewhere, but really that's the only store I am continually successful in.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
Hell, it was Lance who convinced me this logic was sound. I usually balk at spending a lot on clothing with dresses and sometimes shoes being the exception, but after my first pair of R&B's I was convinced. Dat ass don't lie.
Sold on the jeans. Dat ass is all I ever dream about.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:57 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
Sold on the jeans. Dat ass is all I ever dream about.
I don't even HAVE an ass but these jeans will tell you I do. GLORIOUS.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:00 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
I don't even HAVE an ass but these jeans will tell you I do. GLORIOUS.
I may need some of these jeans...
Old 02-27-2013, 11:18 PM
Original Twin

Jeans: Usually Delia's, simply for the fact that I can actually find them in my length IN the store and I don't have to get them tailored. I have a 26ish inseam, so even most "short" length jeans are too long. (Most short length are 30 inches.) If I find a pair that work elsewhere though, I will snatch them up.

I LOVE Target t shirts. They just fit really well, are really soft and pretty flattering. And usually on sale.

Other than those two things, I will buy anything anywhere.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 PM
Jelly baby?

Oh, shirts I get at Michael's, then strategically spray bleach all over them to make really cool shirts for around $3 each

Vortex Canine - Custom Harnesses and Leashes

"Never cruel nor cowardly. Never give up. Never give in."
~The Doctor
Old 02-27-2013, 11:29 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillside View Post
Jeans: Usually Delia's, simply for the fact that I can actually find them in my length IN the store and I don't have to get them tailored. I have a 26ish inseam, so even most "short" length jeans are too long. (Most short length are 30 inches.) If I find a pair that work elsewhere though, I will snatch them up.
Hahaha God bless Delias!!

Last time I needed new jeans, I tried desperately to NOT go to Delias because I'd really rather just spend like $20 on a pair. I couldn't understand why every other freaking place on the planet had "short" jeans that were still like a foot too long. Caved and went to Delias and realized they are just geniuses by having a PETITE size (and I felt dumb because I didn't know that's what the "P" on the tag of my old jeans meant LOL).

And yes, the fact that they actually have them in stock at the stores is a wonderful miracle in itself.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006