Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
Resident fainting goat

Work (office) clothes: J-crew. Everything is classic cut, they do a great blazer, lots of great work appropriate dresses, skirts, dress shirts etc..

Regular casual clothes (v-neck tshirts, leggings, socks) and jeans: GAP Lots of well made classic items that fit well and don't change. Their favorite v-neck tees have been part of my wardrobe since I was like 16 lol

Day dresses: ModCloth It's online, so many choices..lots of amazing pretty day dresses that are very well made.

Undies: Victoria's secret Not because I like the company (because I don't) but at 6 for $25 it just works. Lots of great cuts (their boyshort and yoga no show undies are awesome) and they hold up.

Bras: Nordstrom They ACTUALLY measure you the proper way and find a bra that works! Plus so many styles.

Formal Dresses: Modcloth, ASOS Both are online, both have awesome return policies and great dresses plus they aren't popular so very small chance of someone wearing the same dress as you

Work-out clothes (sports leggings, sneakers, sports bra): Nike mostly but old navy has some great lower price items

Fad items, one-time-use items (dresses to wear to clubs or places with sweaty dancing and spilled drinks), cute socks just EXTRAS: Forever 21 or H&M The prices are RIGHT lol they have just about everything and it's a great store to "try out" a style you aren't sure about yet. The quality is a hit or a miss.

Coats, winter stuff ColumbiaThey have never steered me wrong, great warranties, great prices.

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:50 PM
orange iguanas.

Jeans can only come from Delias since I have yet to find another brand that fits as well.

Everything else? Eh... Rue 21, Target, Hollister if I'm looking for something specific. I mostly just wear t-shirts on weekends though lol. And scrubs for work so that's easy.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-27-2013, 04:57 PM
Top Dog

It depends. I don't really shop a lot for myself unfortunately.

Jeans are typically from Buckle (in the mall). I like their Silver jeans, Big Star and Miss Me. I'm very picky with my jeans, so I'm willing to spend good $$$ on them. Most of their jeans are $90+. Actually, I like Buckle for everything, but I can't ever get myself to spend over $50 for a t-shirt.

I've always had luck at Target and Kohls.

Shoes are either amazon or Lady Foot Locker, and there's outlet malls near my dads house, that have a few different shoe stores that I like.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-27-2013, 05:34 PM
Top Dog

After reading through a few other replies, I realized I do most of my shopping online at underarmour.com and only go to the mall stores for jeans and "nice" shirts. Most of my clothes and shoes are athletic wear; I work with dogs and live with dogs after all!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Top Dog

I still can't find a good place for jeans American Eagle and Hollister jeans fit me weird, and I don't like the shape, fit, or material of Forever 21 jeans.

Luckily, I virtually never wear jeans, but I'd still like a pair of perfect jeans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

Bras: Nordstrom They ACTUALLY measure you the proper way and find a bra that works! Plus so many styles.
I forgot Nordstrom!! All of my favorite bras are from Nordstrom. I'm cheap and can't spend too much on bras, but I still find such a huge selection of adorable, pretty, and sexy bras there for a price I can afford.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:23 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox View Post
I still can't find a good place for jeans American Eagle and Hollister jeans fit me weird, and I don't like the shape, fit, or material of Forever 21 jeans.

Luckily, I virtually never wear jeans, but I'd still like a pair of perfect jeans.
Rag and Bone. Problem solved.

Yes, their jeans are in the ~$220-$300 range. Yes, they're totally worth it. All of my jeans are R&G or Diesel. The fit is impeccable and they will last for YEARS. If you can ever score a pair or two you won't have to buy another pair for probably 5 years.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:29 PM
Top Dog

It's really hard for me to find jeans, too...I have one pair I bought at Pac Sun in high school that's lasted all the while (probably going on 10 years now!)...the other pac sun jeans have since worn away to nothingness.

Otherwise, I get them at Express, or Levis. I have one pair from H&M but don't usually get that lucky there.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-27-2013, 06:48 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

I shop a lot at Eddie Bauer and the Gap. Now that I lost weight, I adore the sweaters at Victoria Secrets. So comfortable.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
Rag and Bone. Problem solved.

Yes, their jeans are in the ~$220-$300 range. Yes, they're totally worth it. All of my jeans are R&G or Diesel. The fit is impeccable and they will last for YEARS. If you can ever score a pair or two you won't have to buy another pair for probably 5 years.
You can't put a price tag on an ass that actually doesn't sag. Plus, if it lasts over the years, it's really just spending $40 - $60 a year on really nice jeans, which is less than I spend already on jeans I never wear. My two favorites are both $187.

And seriously... no more saggy butts??! Now I need this. Hate you and your nice clothes and logic.
Old 02-27-2013, 07:54 PM
Top Dog

I get my work clothes (suits and whatnot) at Express, The Limited, Banana Republic, or J. Crew. Sometimes Khols.

My casual clothes I do from the Gap or Target.

I usually spend a fair amount of clothes because I buy quality, classic cuts and colors, and only things that I LOVE.