Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-23-2013, 11:47 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brattina88 View Post
I'll be the odd man out and say picking up and moving so far away terrifies me
This!

Seriously I don't think I could handle moving even an hour away from where I live now, let alone moving all over the country.
The thought of a "clean start" terrifies me. I need to know the area and the people.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-24-2013, 02:32 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

I get the itch once in a while... but I hate moving. We have so much crap the its such a Hassle.
Also after spending about 10 years away from my family, I'd rather stay close. I live an hour away in what I think is one of the most beautiful cities in Germany so I'm staying put. moving to the USA is pretty much out of the question anyways. Only for a few years maybe but certianly not forever.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM
Top Dog

Jin and I get the itch to travel every 6 months or so. Cross-country trips are fun for us, and I really enjoy driving and seeing everything. But actually move? Eh, maybe every one to two years.

But right now, we are moving. And between dealing with house stuff, moving stuff, packing stuff, rushing everywhere, making sure all the dates and appointments line up PERFECTLY....it's a major pain in the ass. I hate it. I HATE this part of moving. If I could just pack the car and go, I'd be a 1000x happier with it.

I also haven't really found a "home" spot either. There's no city or state or area that I really love to go and want to go again and again, or just stay. So that might be part of it too.

Montana SUCKS. There is NOTHING HERE. NOTHING. We are 3 hours away from the nearest city, there's no major food chains or entertainment. Outdoorsy stuff you can only do *maybe* 3 months out of the year. The housing market and COL is sucky for home owners....I hate it. Great place to visit, terrible place to live.

We've entertained the idea of moving to Colorado after this Air Force thing, though. Denver area. It's on our five year plan.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Top Dog

I like it right here just fine. I talk about buying property in southern ohio but I dont know if I'd ever do it. It would just be for vacation and its so cheap to go down there anyway why bother. I just feel at home in my corn fields with a short drive to the lake. I feel like I am in the perfect spot

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain
dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very few
persons -James Thurber
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Yup. There are places I would LOVE to live. Colorado, Oregon.....yeah, mainly those.

Unfortunately I am lazy, and it is just easier to stay right now Eventually we may end up in CO.

But my dog friends here are...amazing. And I don't want to leave them!!
Yeah pretty much that. I keep thinking that I want to try Colorado eventually but I'm really set up pretty good here right now. Finally got a good group to do 'dog stuff' with. I don't want to miss all that.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Twin 2.0

I have ridiculous wanderlust, so I get the urge for at least a decent road trip about every three months. I've gotten used to uprooting and moving, at least temporarily, about every 6 months. Colorado is a good home base, there's enough to do to stay occupied in between big trips. It's probably as close to "home" as I'll ever get to feeling.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:03 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Done it. Like doing it! Not doing it again I imagine. I live in the same valley my other half was born.... Abut 100 yards from the house he grew up in.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM
such sights to show you

I actually really, really love where I live. I love my neighborhood, I love my city, I love my little house. I think I'll be leaving in a wheelchair or a body bag.

ETA: I really love road trips, too, but this is home with a capital H.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Top Dog

I used to fantasize about dropping everything and moving to Australia.

But now I don't really have the itch to drop everything and move. I'll likely stay in Michigan my entire life, and I know for the next 10+ years I'll live right where I am now (with the biggest decision being if we want to move to a different house a block away--which we are completely undecided about).

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 02-25-2013, 02:52 PM
Top Dog

I hate moving and I'm pretty well planted here. But I also live in one of the most fantastic/beautiful places ever (biased? me?) with job opportunities and family close, so I have no reason to move. We would have to have a REALLY compelling reason to move out of state - like a six figure job, with a signing bonus, and a new car, and a puppy, and a lifetime supply of Oreos.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013