Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Default How did you get involved with, or find, Chaz?

Just out of curiosity, I was wondering how everyone found Chazhound. I remember JacksonsMom starting a thread a while back about changes in knowledge that Chaz has brought her, and that got me curious as to how people came about it, or what inspired them to join a dog forum. Was it your first dog forum? Had you been a member of other topic forums before?

I've been a member of a horse forum for a while, and when I decided to start looking at getting a puppy, I joined dogforums to ask which breed would suit me best. I never posted a ton there, mainly lurked. One day, I came across Traveler and Didgie, and PM'd Linds for more information on Koolies, as I just fell in love with the breed. Eventually, she mentioned for me to check Chazhound out, and I did. I'm so glad that happened.

So how about you?

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/trailingcattle
Old 02-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I've been friends with AllieMackie IRL for... oh god... many years now, and she pointed me in the direction!

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I belonged to another dog forum and kept seeing references to this one and eventually checked it out. Liked it, stayed, and over time pretty much stopped visiting the other one unless looking for something specific. Much more fun/less insanity here. I think I'm kind of a one-forum person...I will browse others for info but only really participate in one at a time

Blame Laurelin

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 02-21-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Twin 2

I had found it when I first got Kaylee in early 2008, just stumbled across it. Posted a little but just wasn't feeling it. So I ended up pretty much lurking, with intermittent posting here and there for a good two years.

Then, I was getting Traveler and had something to post about so I started to post more. I just felt more connected to the forum that time around and haven't left since.

Though I will say it's an odd feeling, to know all these people because you had lurked for two years and them not really know you.
Old 02-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Sport Model Pug

I tracked a troll on my other forum to here and lurked a bit before the other forum went to crap.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Top Dog

I don't even know. There must have been a link to Chaz on another forum or something... I honestly can't remember how I found it. But I joined because I think I just got bored with other forums (not much knowledge on some, others were slow) and wanted something different. When I first got a computer I was just 14 and I was so excited to find out that dog message boards existed that I think I joined most of them haha. But after the novelty wore off, and I gained more maturity/got older, I grew tired of the first forum I joined. It was more geared toward just pet people and wasn't dog specific except for a small section. It's more of a "look at my cute pictures!" forum now, which is fine (everyone knows I like pictures), but I just wanted something different. I liked it well enough, but I think Chaz has more to offer in the way of information and knowledge over all. And like I said, I'd joined others as well, but for some reason the interest in them just never stuck. I still pop into them here and there just because, but not very often.

I remember when I first joined Chaz it took me a while to become comfortable with it though. I mostly browsed and didn't post very often at all, and I think even forgot about it for a little while, but then found my way back and somehow it became my new forum. Aside from the chaos that sometimes happens here, Chaz is my favourite dog forum.

Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Ripley
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-21-2013, 03:55 PM
Lab Love

I heard it mentioned on on the dog.com forums.

Chazhound is my favourite forum, warts and all.

It's the most active and has the most genuine members. I'm not super active (i'm a lurker to the core), but I always read every thread.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 02-21-2013, 03:57 PM
Top Dog

I was trying to get more information on Kelpies. I stumbled across an old "What breed is my dog?" thread where a Kelpie was mentioned several times. I started looking more into the forum and here I am.

It's my first dog forum. Other than gaming or roleplaying forums, it's my first one in a while. I'm not involved in any other forums, animal or otherwise.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

I joined my first dog forum in 2005. Then in 2006 I joined here and another dog forum, and over time slowly stopped participating at the other two (one is slow but has a lot of members that I meet up with once a yearish and the other is just really tiny). I'm pretty sure I followed Tessa over here -- I knew her when we were kids junior handling in agility and I was hoping to reconnect....haha.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Honestly can't remember........ Been too long!
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein