Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Default Bark Boxes

Does anybody on here get them? I know people have in the past. There's a coupon code right now for $10 off so I was thinking of signing up for the $18/month one...
Anybody still get them and like them? I never wanted them with Auggie because he is very picky about his toys, but Payton will play with anything so I think it will be okay. Is it worth it? At $10/off for six months it will be $16 per box.

Also they asked me what size... technically my guys fall into the 0-20 lbs range but they are not small dogs. Should I pick the next size up? ("Just right?")

Thoughts?

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Sport Model Pug

I did them for a while but I work in the pet industry and I get stuff for cheaper. So despite sometimes getting some cool stuff, it wasn't worth the money for me.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-27-2013, 09:10 PM
Resident fainting goat

Merlin gets the medium (just right) boxes and personally.. I think they are fun! Merlin is around Auggies size now and everything is a great medium doggy size.

- The treats are always healthy (grain free etc..)and it's great having a constant supply of different treats!
- They toys he always enjoys (they are always organic and very well made if they are stuffies and pretty hardy toys if they are "hard" toys like balls)
- There is always something quirky/interesting lol at some point we got doggy cake mix, a sample of shampoo that made him smell like candy, a funny kind of gag toy etc..
- There is always a little note with info on the products and they do support only small businesses! Which is lovely!

My friends get $5 off lol https://barkbox.com/r/tRRxHIafoM/

Personally, I think they are fun! It's like a little surprise for him every month.. money goes to rescue.. I figure, why not? It by no means replaces actual shopping but still, the products are all great quality! I have no complaints.

I work at a pet store and have no doubts I could gather all these things for cheaper.
But for me it's the novelty and fun of it.. I would NEVER go out and dig around and look for these unique products lol and probably wouldn't take the chance of buying new toys/treats that I don't know he would like. So it's nice that he gets these surprises and I get to try out new things for him without really trying
Old 02-28-2013, 07:11 AM
Top Dog

I've looked into the barkboxes for Hudson and for my sister's dog. But Hudson is so ridiculously picky about....everything that I'm not sure it would be worth it for him. But it would be nice to be able to try different things.

Fran, I thought Barkbox had a spot on their website that showed past boxes but I cannot, for the life of me, find it. What sort of fun things does Merlin get?

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Kung Pow Fish

i have never heard of this but omigosh im SO doing it when im more stable. how FUN! i love trying out new cookies and shampoos on my dogs, and i completely lack imagination when buying them things myself, so being presented with a grab-bag assortment is a great idea. love it!
Old 02-28-2013, 07:36 AM
Resident fainting goat

here are two boxes next to eachother

their facebook page is also a great place to browse boxes! With exception you get..

- A stuffed toy
- A "hard" toy
- Some treats (organic/small business/grain-free)
- A chew (bully, jerky, etc..)
- A quirky other item (cake mix, dog bow tie, dog flavored bubbles, fancy poopbags)
- Some kind of spa item (shampoo, spray, paw butter etc..)

Merlin's favorites so far have been
- That stuffy reindeer seen from above
- These bubbles were fun!

- Stella & chewy freeze dried food!
- Those giant swirly bullies
- Tea tree shampoo that makes him small amazing!
- Hyperpet flying pig (it's like this hardy slingshot toy)
- Hide a treat puzzle game! We use it everyday.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:55 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Glad to see some good reviews of this...I've been thinking of signing up Cookie since she's going home soon...a box from me every month delivered to her house...might also encourage monthly picture updates...hmm

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Top Dog

I forgot about these! I looked into them before and never did sign up.
They look like so much fun! My lot will have to play rock, paper, scissors to decide who gets the chew though!
Old 02-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Top Dog

I've been wanting to do this for a while... But he reviews were pretty split! Good to hear that Fran and Merlin have had such a good experience. When I have a little more money I am going to try it. But then all four will have to share the same box! I wish I could afford one for each of them!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Slave to the Aussie

Meh we have had them for about 8 months. When my subscription is up in June I will not renew.

Sometimes they are great other times the products inside do not equal or exceed the price of the box like promised.

I think they are fun thing to get but I have yet to get a product that is a new thing for us.