Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-23-2013, 11:02 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Well....I am going to have a Chessie puppy in a one bedroom apartment, with three other dogs...I routinely ask if I am crazy all of the time.

The ONLY reason I'm even considering it is because 1.) the apartment is in the country, so we have a small yard (unfenced) and there is a GIANT public field right down the road that Puppy can run in, 2.) I can take puppy to work with me, 3.) we will hopefully not be living in this apartment for too much longer.

Old 02-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Lab Love

I desperately want a puppy. In fact I almost got a kitten the other weekend because my puppy want is so bad. I don't even want a cat. I just wanted a baby to distract me from getting a puppy.

I remind myself about all the things I have yet to do with Duke, he's only 2.5yrs. He's a great dog, and he's unused potential. I'd like to get him into rally-o and tracking, and I won't consider getting a puppy until those things are done. It's not fair to Duke to be overshadowed by a new comer.

But it just comes down to weighing the pros and cons.

Duke - 3yr old Labrador Retriever
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

No puppies here until the current crew passes.

The idea of getting an adult (whether it be a rescue or a breeder rehome) is very appealing. I'm not saying I'll never get a puppy again... and I love cuddling other people's pups, but I just love when they finally become adults.

Abby was a pretty fun puppy, no more work than any other puppy I've had, but her adolescence was a bit tumultuous lol. Grace was actually more destructive as a puppy, but is just an easier dog all around.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:07 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Josefina was a terribly easy puppy, but as an adult she is doing all the things she should have done as a pup :/ go figure. IME a "tough" puppy usually (not always but usually) becomes a better dog.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:29 PM
Active Pup

I have absolutely no desires to get another dog any time soon, but that could be because Tyrion is still a puppy, and is quite a handful. I can't even imagine having two of him!

I totally understand the feeling though. I've had kitten fever really bad recently because my two cats are so easy. I keep thinking "I could totally have another cat with no issue!" But I think my husband wouldn't be too happy...and neither would the existing cats probably.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seashells View Post
I have absolutely no desires to get another dog any time soon, but that could be because Tyrion is still a puppy, and is quite a handful. I can't even imagine having two of him!

I totally understand the feeling though. I've had kitten fever really bad recently because my two cats are so easy. I keep thinking "I could totally have another cat with no issue!" But I think my husband wouldn't be too happy...and neither would the existing cats probably.
LOL my OH isnt too excatic about a new pup either ... BUT he is going to be OOT through all of this, as in he will not have to listen to the whining, the midnight potty breaks, etc ... so, he didnt say "you cant have another dog" but if he had, i would have said "you wont be there to deal with it, what do you care?"