Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-21-2013, 05:25 PM
Top Dog

In Ft. Payne, Alabama, it is the super sucky time of year. Hot-cold-hot-cold. Rain and more Rain. Rainy season. The sun was out when I left home at 8 this morning, 20 miles away it was windy, sunny but colder. Now it is getting so gray and fixin' to rain AGAIN! Ugh-so tired of rain!!! And, after the winter rainy season, comes the spring rainy AND tornado season.................then the summer drought, then Fall tornado season...........beginning to not like Alabama...

Old 02-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Twin 2.0

It's 25F, cloudy and we got about 4 inches of snow overnight. Being Denver, the roads are perfectly clear without much help from the plows and if the sun ever came out, the roads would be dry.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:39 PM
pointer/labrador/terrier

Apparently it was only a reprieve, for it is snowing again. I looked at the sdiewalk..Hyia didn't make it very far and thought not this time.

IT's a shame I am down to the very last log. THis is the very last of the oak that fell in Gg's yard a year ago.

I have one of those waxy ones, but they don't put out much heat and I am saving it for the next time furnace goes out.

Go Petie Go Go Who Go!

love comes in many directions with mary

Side by side on the sofa sat three annoyed dogs and one smug cat
and then in came a little white kitten,
Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Plenty of snow coming down really fast here now. It started about 3:30 and by the time I left work it was really snowing. People were mostly driving sane but I heard at least two sirens spin up while coming home and it's not even three miles from home to work, so wrecks abound.
I shoveled what was already on the driveway because they said we're supposed to get snow THEN ice... it's a PITA to shovel snow crusted in ice. By the time I was at the foot of the drive and came back up to the top, about as much as I had already shoveled off the porch and sidewalk had accumulated on it again. I'm hoping for just snow but I wanted a head start on it if it does turn into ice... I came in from shoveling with icicles in my hair.
Good night to snuggle up with the dogs and stay warm inside.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach1girl View Post
In Ft. Payne, Alabama, it is the super sucky time of year. Hot-cold-hot-cold. Rain and more Rain. Rainy season. The sun was out when I left home at 8 this morning, 20 miles away it was windy, sunny but colder. Now it is getting so gray and fixin' to rain AGAIN! Ugh-so tired of rain!!! And, after the winter rainy season, comes the spring rainy AND tornado season.................then the summer drought, then Fall tornado season...........beginning to not like Alabama...
Same here , some nights have been cool but "knocks on wood HARD because DD (thats me) HATES the cold :P" they mostly warm up to about 60's/70's. I can deal with a cold (by cold I mean anything under 60 :P) morning if it will get warm.

But it's almost march here so we may have a "shocker" cold snap but it doesn't usually last long, most of the time the nights will be "cool" til the end of April ... Then the summer begins & I can't wait for the infamous Texas summer to begin
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM
Twin 2.0

There is a foot of snow on the ground! The dogs had a blast in it, I got to try out the XT, which was a blast. I was supposed to go to my parent's today to see my brother who is in town on leave, but they live roughly 45 minutes away on a good day. There are too many transplanted Californians living here to make driving with this much snow on the ground a safe idea.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:00 AM
<(°°<) <(°°)> (>°°)>

It's snowing... once again. I feel like this year it's just snow all the time. It' never really more than an inch though - but it seems like it never really stops.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:27 AM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Meg I hate the cold so anything under 60 degrees is too cold so snow & wind chills below zero forget it!

I dont know what my dogs would do with snow ... They have never seen it
Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Twin 2.0

It was like 45F today, so the main roads are pretty well clear and dry. The side streets are still a bit packed but nothing too bad.
Old 02-25-2013, 11:05 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

It is sooooooo windy here & I hate it ... I HATE IT!!!!! Can summer come now PULEEZE???