Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-18-2013, 11:31 AM
I'm All Ears

Weave entrances, building toy drive with both, driving forward, never ending work on stays with Mia.... Also Mia's diet and getting them in shape.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Well, everyone in my household is in bootcamp.

Siri is on LEAVE YOUR BROTHER ALONE bootcamp. She is also on pooping bootcamp because she is getting even sneakier, and now hides behind the couch when she poops because she know I can't get back there and nab her before she has time to take a dump!
So now when I know she has to poop (you can totally tell with her) we go outside and when she clams up and says "Who me? I don't have to poop!" we go back inside and she is in the crate for 15 minutes, no interaction, then we try again. So far it usually takes her about 3 revolutions of this before she will poop outside, then she gets a huge party and FREEDOM! Why spend almost an hour doing this when you could poop the first time puppy?! I do give her mad props for enthusiasm and braining about ways to not poop outside

Frodo is on barking bootcamp. Which means he thinks I am the worst person in all the world right now, and I feel terrible But it was getting out of control. Mainly with OMG PERSON WHO I LOVE PET ME PET ME BARKBARKBARKBARK! Siri is a generally quiet puppy, I don't want her learning this.

Siri and Frodo are also learning mad mat skillz. I love how it is going with both of them, so much enthusiasm to get their butts back to the mat! Even from Frodo

Siri is also working on lots and lots of recall games, and building drive for the disc. And learning she won't die in her xpen when Frodo gets to watch TV with me at night during anti-Siri time.

Frodo is doing lots of nosework hides, because he loves them and I feel guilty about spending so much time with Siri.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Top Dog

We're working on healing his wittle legs He's no longer limping and has returned to his happy, bouncy, crazy jumping self and doesn't understand why we won't let him do backflips off of the couch.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 03-18-2013, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Distractions.

Right now we're doing lots of heeling in the back yard while my boyfriend runs around squeaking things and throwing toys.

Poor Elsie.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red.Apricot View Post
Distractions.

Right now we're doing lots of heeling in the back yard while my boyfriend runs around squeaking things and throwing toys.

Poor Elsie.
Video?

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Video?
Unfortunately no, lol--I don't think he'd agree to do it if he were being taped.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:28 PM
Top Dog

I'm working on the same stuff with Carma still. Basic foundation stuff. I'm just trying to hard not to get ahead of myself/her and give her too much at once, which is hard because I want to do so much! But she is making steady progress at least. She's now independently turning on the touch pad with only a point to left or right rather than luring all the way around. I am dying to work on using that to teach her to stay with the left leg while we turn around on teh touch pad, but I don't feel like she's ready yet..**nervous**I also want to get moving with teaching how to get into basic position and tracking, but we keep getting hammered with snow!!!

Aiden is working on more control in the protection. I spent alllll fall/winter building his confidence back up and now he's dirty and out of control again. He's really obedient, so it shouldn't be too bad to fix. We've just been doing heeling for bites at the moment. Once we get back on the field, I need to keep him coming into the blind clean. Also need to make sure he can still run 4 blinds for the IPO2. If his protection isn't where it needs to be, then I'll only be going for the TR2 and OB2, but I really want to give another shot at the IPO2 at some point..

Old 03-18-2013, 11:41 PM
Active Pup

Near is working on obedience training,
she is quiet easily distracted this days
specially when we're walking outside.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:02 PM
such sights to show you

For no real reason, I purchased a dumbbell and I'm working on holding onto it with Squash. He's doing quite well, which unfortunately means the next thing will be to figure out how the heck to teach him to retrieve, something he has just slightly more than zero interest in.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:11 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

The two little ones are going through recall bootcamp again. They've been slacking off lately, and I've had to go after them out in the woods twice. Which is a BIG no-no.