Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-21-2014, 10:32 AM
The Monster.

I've been working off-and-on on a dog catch. Cohen gets it. I unfortunately don't really. Tricks where the handler needs to do more than the dog are ... hard.

This is what it's supposed to look like when it's all done. I'm kind of hoping to use this during performance shows as Cohen is coming off a course. Flashy. :3

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-21-2014, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

I just want him to spind on the **** bowl. He's doing so much better... for a while it was like training a brick.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
I've been working off-and-on on a dog catch. Cohen gets it. I unfortunately don't really. Tricks where the handler needs to do more than the dog are ... hard.

This is what it's supposed to look like when it's all done. I'm kind of hoping to use this during performance shows as Cohen is coming off a course. Flashy. :3

Ummmm that's awesome. Seriously. I think it looks way better than you think it does - if you went out right now and did that as the end to a performance, people would be impressed. It just needs some cleaning up and tightening up when you're really reviewing it as a training thing, but it's really nice already.

($%@ I want a dog catch so bad with P, but more than that I really want an agility dog who doesn't suck so the fun tricks are getting put on the backburner a bit. Sigh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-21-2014, 11:16 AM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Ummmm that's awesome. Seriously. I think it looks way better than you think it does - if you went out right now and did that as the end to a performance, people would be impressed. It just needs some cleaning up and tightening up when you're really reviewing it as a training thing, but it's really nice already.

($%@ I want a dog catch so bad with P, but more than that I really want an agility dog who doesn't suck so the fun tricks are getting put on the backburner a bit. Sigh.
Thank you!!! I was a bit surprised when I watched the video since it looked slightly better than it felt.

And I've heard you talk about prioritizing agility over tricks, but you can do boooooth. Heck, I think the tricks compliment the agility perfectly. Don't limit yourself. Just have some fun. You can't be practicing all the time!

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-21-2014, 11:46 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Thank you!!! I was a bit surprised when I watched the video since it looked slightly better than it felt.

And I've heard you talk about prioritizing agility over tricks, but you can do boooooth. Heck, I think the tricks compliment the agility perfectly. Don't limit yourself. Just have some fun. You can't be practicing all the time!
It would be easier if I just had P, but I have to divide my time up between all three - and with Georgie that also means working with my mom on how to train her (so eventually I don't have to!) And working on Auggie's issues is not going well. I'm obviously an idiot, because if Auggie's issues were as easy to fix as I think they "should" be, I would have fixed them years ago. ugh.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-25-2014, 02:06 AM
Top Dog

Working on videos again.

Foundations, rear end awareness, and PATIENCE are priorities. He thinks we are training and he LOSES HIS MIND. Which isn't bad. But it isn't great, either, because he can't focus. We need focused crazy. Not just Zaner running into walls crazy.

Anyone remember the wall licking when we were learning Shut the Door? We're dealing with that crazy right now.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:16 AM
Durp Dog

Looking forward to some Zander videos, I have a hard time working with our husky Nikko. It's a combo of bat sh!t crazy dog, no concentration, and after about 2 minutes he zones out because he just isn't interested in working for food anymore. He will throw himself down and sigh like he has a very tough life, having to work for treats lmao. He is so different than working with the other two dogs.
Old 01-29-2014, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

Happy with 'cross paws' progress.

For some reason, this ones been tough for Jackson. You can see here that I add a tiny piece of paper... for some reason it's been hard for him to lure out the target. I started teaching him how to target something bigger (I think it was a cd case), then just started using a piece of paper, and I had to put it back because I could tell he was getting confused. LOL. So still a slight work in progress but very happy with it since we just started working on this again yesterday.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-29-2014, 04:21 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Happy with 'cross paws' progress.

For some reason, this ones been tough for Jackson. You can see here that I add a tiny piece of paper... for some reason it's been hard for him to lure out the target. I started teaching him how to target something bigger (I think it was a cd case), then just started using a piece of paper, and I had to put it back because I could tell he was getting confused. LOL. So still a slight work in progress but very happy with it since we just started working on this again yesterday.
I love everything about this video. Including your sister singing.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-31-2014, 09:10 PM
Silence, peasants.

Currently working on 'personal play' without Feist eating me...we are making progress. And bringing a tug back to hand, which she has really started to understand these past couple days.

Feistea, ze Blog