Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 12-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Twin 2

I'm down to my barefoot running shoes for the Footstall! From boots, to hiking boots to barefoot running shoes (Merrels, not vibrams...because that totally matters)! They are much more flexible and much smaller (size 7 shoe) but Traveler is sticking it almost every time.

And Didgie's finally graduated from using a stool to from the floor. She's getting it about half the time. Boy though does she feel nice up there after Traveler. Less than 10 lb's difference but I can feel it, that's for sure.
Old 01-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Silence, peasants.

Nail trimming! Super happy that we are getting somewhere with it. Just finished clipping all four feet and did not even get mouthed once. This is only impressive if you know that when we started, Feist turned into a whirling ball of hate for nail clippings. She was totally relaxed and stress free for this session today. Sooo happy.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 01-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Martie is working on learning the dog stairs, and to not use them to stand up on and cry.
Old 01-12-2014, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Journey and I are trying and failing at the hug trick from last week haha. It's not her fault, it's definitely mine. So instead we decided to go for an easier trick and take a bit of a break. We only started learning this tonight so she doesn't know it reliably yet, but it didn't take her long to catch on. I had a better video with a much wigglier Journey but I can't get it to upload for some reason. But she's still kind of cute and just super serious and concentrated in this one lol.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-12-2014, 07:20 AM
The Monster.

I've had such trouble with that one. How are you teaching it? Journ looks adorable.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-12-2014, 09:48 AM
Top Dog

Normal puppy stuff, with emphasis on crate training and restraint. He does not like to be restrained.

Recon's working on agility stuff, getting over some skin problems, and not jumping on house guests.

Rolling my eyes all over the place at these dogs.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 01-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
I've had such trouble with that one. How are you teaching it? Journ looks adorable.
Thanks! I've read online that sometimes people will put tape on the end of the dog's nose to get them to paw their face, but I just ruffled her nose hair a bit to get her to paw at her face the first couple of times (since it's not really a behaviour that I could just capture since she doesn't do it often on her own), clicked/treated, and then she just offered it continuously on her own. Helps that she is a very paw oriented dog I think. Most tricks involved her paws are pretty easy to teach her (except hug haha).

Here's another one in the process of learning. I'd rather her do it sitting all the time eventually, but laying down is cute too!

Ripley
Keira CGN
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM
Old 01-12-2014, 03:33 PM
Top Dog

Journey is adorable! Yeah I used the tape for that trick. I'm trying to work on getting him to hold it longer though. He doesn't hold the 'cover' long enough. The laying down is actually super cute.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-12-2014, 05:22 PM
The Monster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
Thanks! I've read online that sometimes people will put tape on the end of the dog's nose to get them to paw their face, but I just ruffled her nose hair a bit to get her to paw at her face the first couple of times (since it's not really a behaviour that I could just capture since she doesn't do it often on her own), clicked/treated, and then she just offered it continuously on her own. Helps that she is a very paw oriented dog I think. Most tricks involved her paws are pretty easy to teach her (except hug haha).

Here's another one in the process of learning. I'd rather her do it sitting all the time eventually, but laying down is cute too!

She's picked up on that so quickly! I've been trying to work this one with Cohen but can't get past needing the Post-It Note prop. Will keep at it!

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 01-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

Let's see...Lars right now is really working on Utility Obedience. My goal is to start showing him in it this spring. We are really starting to get it...I have to clean up some of my own handling but he's starting to understand what his job is.

Here's some stuff from yesterday like signal exercise, go outs, and directed jumping:

Lars' Agility stuff...we're just maintaining skills right now. I'm trying to step outside of my handling comfort zone a little bit and I switched instructors this winter.

Ocean who I don't have any edited video of at the moment is working on novice obedience stuff and rally excellent stuff. I have to start working and heeling him in areas of different distractions and that are just different than our backyard or the two training places we do run thrus at. He loses some confidence and worries a bit in new places. I think that will change as he continues to grow up and mature.

In agility, he's currently showing in novice levels and we just need to keep getting mileage and building the handling toolbox that he understands. I have to babysit some obstacles with my handling because sometimes, if I have to move too far away from a jump he will run by it despite me supporting that jump. It's baby dog stuff and I think he's got another 1 or even 2 years before he really understands what my handling cues mean.
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RA NJC TN-O HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC