Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-22-2013, 07:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Feel free to remind our elected officials about that.
I do

Dont get me wrong, there have been a LOT of things I am not happy about. I do feel like there have been some important freedoms taken away in the last several decades. However, I dont think its an us vs them, or some huge conspiracy and we DO have the power to change it (without physically fighting).
Old 02-22-2013, 07:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy View Post
What are people expecting to happen that might warrant a survival pack?
The unexpected. Basically you never know what Life has in store for you. You never know when a natural disaster may hit or even what kind it will be, you never know if the power will go out or for how long (there was a huge power outage a decade ago that left the east coast of Canada and part of the US completely without power, some for days and I remember our power at work came on earlier than everyone else an people were begging for water to feed teir infants formula), or when you may have to leave your home suddenly or lose your home all together ( like fire).

I don't know... People laugh but there is NOTHING wrong or crazy with being prepared. If something happens those will be the people you are begging for help from. You can't know what life will throw at you so eing prepared for an emergency can't be a bad thing.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Top Dog

Nothing wrong with being prepared at all...in fact I would argue its kind of silly not to be at least partially (and I am including myself here because its one of those things I always mean to get around to).

However, I have met too many people for whom it becomes well, almost a disorder. Its fueled by total paranoia and consumes them. That I find sad.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:57 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Feel free to remind our elected officials about that.
You do partially have a point, IMO, but I think voters are more of the problem. American politics is trashy, childish and extremely partisan. One thing is people complaining about money in politics and two seconds later donating to politicians, PACs and whatnot.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I do

Dont get me wrong, there have been a LOT of things I am not happy about. I do feel like there have been some important freedoms taken away in the last several decades. However, I dont think its an us vs them, or some huge conspiracy and we DO have the power to change it (without physically fighting).
See, this is where we disagree. I do not think any sort of voting system is going to change the way the government has the world mapped out. I don't think we can change anything. Especially since we can't even control who's calling the shots.

We are prepared to fight against the government and run away and live in the woods, but we aren't insane about it. Our bags have been packed and sitting in the closet for many months now, and we're done physically preparing. We trap and shoot a lot as a hobby to refine our skills, and we don't want mainstream media or rely on television for our information whatsoever. We have a tv and all it plays is Netflix.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-22-2013, 08:01 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

OH I forgot one...
Loss of job.

Now you can't really prepare for long term job loss but when Brian was out of a job in the summer we didn't know how long that would be, it sure was a blessing we had a nice food supply on hand that would last us a few months. It ended up being only a month but we were lucky

And then having a supply of guns and ammo and the know how to hunt, catch and grow food is extremely helpful

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 PM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

Is going to get some aluminum foil....

Old 02-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Is going to get some aluminum foil....

Is going to dig a really big moat along the borders between Canada and the USA.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 02-22-2013, 08:48 PM
Taxiderpy

Ha ha! I'm going to practice my spear throwing and tomahawk skills (which are both nonexistent).

I guess this is one of those things that feel iffy about putting on the internet either way. People will just have to guess whether or not I'm defended by firearm and take their chances (by people I mean a certain person I have a restraining order against who is probably reading this right now).

Old 02-23-2013, 12:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
He has since changed political opinions and simply does not support the government whatsoever or the government's control over the armed forces and using it to their own gain. They are not looking out for the people anymore and that is something he is very up in arms about.
Nothing new about politicians using the military to make themselves & their friends rich. The banana wars of the early 20th century were all about making the world safe for Chiquita & a sugar conglomerate. Heck Smedley Butler even wrote a book about it called "war is a racquet."
I completely understand his feelings & agree in principle.