Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I choose to own guns for hobby, collection, and protection. Less from government and more from common criminals. I also allow and encourage my dogs to retain a healthy and confident suspicion of strangers for safety.

Not everyone who prepares is paranoid.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I should add as far as owning guns... Aside from personal protection its also a hobby. My husband and I shoot almost every weekend for fun. Went skeet shooting yesterday with my 20 gauge shotgun.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Thank you!

We have two Alice packs on the porch full of everything we would need to stay alive in the wilderness. Just in case

The dogs are getting their packs filled this spring... But that will be a convo for another thread. :P

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-18-2013, 04:03 PM
Lord Cynical

Quote:
I choose to own guns for hobby, collection, and protection. Less from government and more from common criminals. I also allow and encourage my dogs to retain a healthy and confident suspicion of strangers for safety.

This.

Morado Dobermans... and Talla the Mexidog too! (group photo pending)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
Top Dog

For me, I enjoy the hobby for a variety of reasons. I grew up hunting and shooting with my dad, and it brought both of us great enjoyment to hone our skills together. As the others have mentioned, there are many instances all around the U.S where everyday people were able to defend themselves from harm by carrying a handgun.

Old 02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Quote:

Absolutely this. Amen. Most of the time, I don't carry on my person, but having that option makes me feel better about those times when the Jeep is on empty, I HAVE to stop, and the gas station is rather shady looking. I don't advertise I have a weapon, but knowing that I DO have something on hand allows me to have more confidence. And most of the time, criminals avoid confidant people.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:48 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
He WAS a Marine, and does not stand for a single thing he stood for then, or that the Marines stand for.
I find it hard to believe any man that ever earned the title doesn't believe in putting your best effort into every task, no matter how crappy the job; being willing to shed blood and sweat on behalf of those who cannot fight for themselves, opposing oppression & tyranny, bringing hope and help to those in need, never quitting and never abandoning those to whom you are responsible.
I don't doubt that he heard and saw things in the Corps that he disagreed with. It's not perfect, it is an organization of people (exceptional people but people nonetheless) and people are fallible. Like a religion, some dickheads slip through the cracks, reach positions of authority and then teach false doctrine. But that false doctrine in no way reduces the legitimacy of the true doctrine. Likewise the failure of an individual or even a whole command element to uphold true Marine Corps values in no way negates those values.
Do politicians use us wrongfully to enrich themselves and their friends in industry? ABSOLUTELY. Do politicians fail to employ us in a morally upright manner because it wont make them money (think Rwanda here)? ABSOLUTELY. But it doesn't change WHO WE ARE. It doesn't make us them or mean that we agree with those decisions. It means we accept the the founding father's righteous decision to make the military subservient to the people.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:48 AM
Blackout

I thought at first this meant if anyone carried concealer with them all the time lol. Well I used to keep a Touche Eclat or some Avon cover up in my purses before LOL - and I don't own any firearms (presently). If I did in the future though I couldn't imagine myself carrying them except if I moved into a different city/area.
All except when we happen to meet.

Stories, Poetry, and Musings
http://inugami1112.wordpress.com/

"And it's all been lost before, so there's nothing to lose..."

"There are those that love dogs insanely and those that don't. But once you like a dog, you're sunk. You're a dog person for life."

UKC Kuvasz Standard
AKC Kuvasz Standard
Old 02-22-2013, 08:25 AM
Mutts to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
I find it hard to believe any man that ever earned the title doesn't believe in putting your best effort into every task, no matter how crappy the job; being willing to shed blood and sweat on behalf of those who cannot fight for themselves, opposing oppression & tyranny, bringing hope and help to those in need, never quitting and never abandoning those to whom you are responsible.

That describes my dad (served in the Marines during the Korean War).

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey
Old 02-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops2 View Post
I don't doubt that he heard and saw things in the Corps that he disagreed with. It's not perfect, it is an organization of people (exceptional people but people nonetheless) and people are fallible. Like a religion, some dickheads slip through the cracks, reach positions of authority and then teach false doctrine. But that false doctrine in no way reduces the legitimacy of the true doctrine. Likewise the failure of an individual or even a whole command element to uphold true Marine Corps values in no way negates those values.
Do politicians use us wrongfully to enrich themselves and their friends in industry? ABSOLUTELY. Do politicians fail to employ us in a morally upright manner because it wont make them money (think Rwanda here)? ABSOLUTELY. But it doesn't change WHO WE ARE. It doesn't make us them or mean that we agree with those decisions. It means we accept the the founding father's righteous decision to make the military subservient to the people.
He has since changed political opinions and simply does not support the government whatsoever or the government's control over the armed forces and using it to their own gain. They are not looking out for the people anymore and that is something he is very up in arms about.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm