Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-16-2013, 06:47 PM
Top Dog

Default Anyone conceal carry?

I was just wondering what type of people around here had a concealed weapons permit, and what do you carry and why did you choose that gun?

My boyfriend and I are both huge gun enthusiasts, he's ex-marine and I grew up in a hunting area. Recently we both have been exposed to MORE guns at my family's house (my dad owns numerous rifles and hand guns) and we go shooting frequently (we bought a cheap .22 on black friday) for fun. We're both anticipating being able to get our permits when we turn 21 and each buy a hand gun; my dad just texted me this evening to tell me that he wants me to get started now and that he'd pay for all of it when I went through the process; the class, the permit, and the gun. So I am getting anxious now as my birthday is this July. I have a few friends that carry and we're always text-talking guns.

I'd also like to see what the majority of females tend to carry. I have a few preferences as far as hand guns go for what I like, but I don't know what is most common, simple, or easy for most women.

(not excluding men from this at all, btw!)

My mother got me this for Christmas;

It's been keeping my IPhone nice and safe ever since.

Pictures are welcome!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-16-2013, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

I don't. I like shooting, but don't carry. I don't foresee that changing anytime soon for me other than when we're out "in the wild" and not the concrete jungle
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Jerk.

I dont need a permit, but only carry occasionally. Only time I really want to carry is when Im in Anchorage, and about the only time I go to Anchorage is right after work and Im not allowed to have my firearm on work property.

Here in the Valley Im fairly sure more then 50% are carrying already. My carry pistol is a Glock Model 23.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 02-16-2013, 09:39 PM
Jerk.

Double post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM
Top Dog

I've toyed with the idea of getting my permit. My dad conceal carries and I've been around guns and shooting my whole life. The main reason I haven't gotten my permit has been my work situation; I have to wear a business suit and work in an office environment, where our company policy forbids firearms. I also never seem to have the time to take the class and the exam.

I still carry on occasion (out hiking, for example) and I own several guns. My dad's gun collection would also go to me if anything were to happen to him. My favorite little gun is a .32 Beretta tomcat my dad bought me for my 16th birthday. I keep it handy in the house; it's usually on my nightstand or the coffee table.

I can still own guns and defend my property without a carry permit, and that's another reason I really haven't gotten around to it. Any time I answer the door or go outside to check out a strange noise, I keep a gun handy, and don't make a secret of it either.

Old 02-16-2013, 10:53 PM
Top Dog

When I move, I will probably go ahead and get something. I like to hike and I am moderately nervous about mountain lions and coyotes out in the desert. I'll also be living by myself in a city, so home protection is a plus. I don't believe you need a conceal carry permit in AZ as long as you aren't around schools. I doubt I would bring it out to like the grocery store with me, though.

I haven't really looked at guns per se but I remember a little red woman's revolver that I liked when I did. And just because it's red .

Old 02-17-2013, 07:21 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I don't conceal carry yet, but I'm working towards getting my permit. As of right now the gun I plan to conceal carry is a Bersa thunder series .380. I haven't owned it for super long though and its my first handgun since we mainly own shotguns and rifles. Switching from always shooting shotguns and rifles to shooting a handgun feels way different so I want to practice a LOT before getting my concealed carry. I love the way this gun feels in my hands though. It's nice for smaller hands.

Should add... At home I have a nice 20 gauge shotgun sitting within close reach so not a concealed carry, but anyone who breaks into this home is going to have a lot more to worry about than running off with expensive goods.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-17-2013, 08:18 AM
Love my pets

A few women on I know carry the Springfield XDs 9mm. It's a smaller gun and easy to conceal. It also comes in 45 acp.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:28 AM
Rude and Not Ginger

I've got my permit. I carry depending on my mood, lol, but my gun is always in the Jeep with me, or in the house with me. We own several rifles, but the only handgun is mine. I carry a Glock 22, it's the full size .40 caliber for that model.

If I can hide it on my frame, I think anyone can hide carrying a larger gun.

Sometimes I don't bother to hide it. I have a hip holster and a drop leg holster, sometimes I just walk around like that lol. You get some strange looks if you're wearing civilian gear, but if you're wearing camo people tend to look away anyway
Old 02-17-2013, 09:59 AM
Mutts to you

Sis and I are thinking about taking the conceal/carry class, a couple of women at work have already taken it. We went to a gun shop last week to check out what they had and could recommend. We're leaning towards .38 revolvers as opposed to semi-automatics, mostly from Dad's recommendation. His opinion is that revolvers won't jam and you always know if there is a round in the chamber. He has quite a few revolvers (was in law enforcement and holds a High Master rating in pistol shooting) but they're all rather large for our small hands.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. -Robert McCloskey