Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 AM
Sit! Good dog.

Question Am I weird, or does everyone do this?

I find myself staring at Freddie because he's just soooooooooooo handsome. It might not come across well in my pics, but he's a very handsome dog. And I just constantly admire him and feel proud of him! Yesterday was the first day I looked at him and thought he's starting to look a bit more put together (he's 7 months now), and I noticed people admiring him from afar, and some people even stopped us to ask about him. I mean, I love Bodhi and think she's gorgeous, and well built, but he has that debonaire handsome factor going on! Although I do find myself being more critical too, and looking at him wanting total perfection lol I can't wait to see how he'll look mature. But I also love his puppy fat

I can't be the only saddo that seriously appreciates how dogs look? I stop and turn when I see nice dogs.... I suppose it's not that different from petrol heads admiring nice cars... Is it???
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-17-2013, 03:53 AM
Top Dog

Nope, I do it too. Sonic is quite unprepossessing. But when he is going full throttle trying to catch a fox or hare, I am struck by the sheer beauty of the run.
I also do the dog spotting thing. Several times while driving I've commented something like "nice bulldog, I'd like to put him on a hog." To which my DW has several times replied something like " yeah, the girl is pretty hot too." Sadly I really didn't notice the girl.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:09 AM
Top Dog

Naw, sometimes I find myself staring at Crossbone and thinking that he's the cutest pup in the world.....until he sees that I'm paying attention to him or awake, and then I get pounced on. So I try not to do it that often :P And I love watching him sleep....because it doesn't happen often!!!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm All Ears

Almost every time I start admiring my dogs, they do something stupid or clumsy. lol

I think they're gorgeous little dogs but I am also biased.
Old 02-17-2013, 10:04 AM
such sights to show you

I do that all the time.

Old 02-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

We're all biased, I do it as well.

But I also do it to other dogs on the street; I can tell when a dog came from a good breeder and is well put-together and I love the way a solid dog looks.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 AM
Top Dog

I tell Marsh he's beautiful all the time. That's the word everyone uses when they meet him, too. He is a beautiful dog.

Gatsby is cute, Gatsby has woo, but Marsh is beautiful.
Old 02-17-2013, 11:34 AM
Little dog, big voice

I always do, I'm completely and totally biased, but I think Cali is probably one of the most adorable dogs around. She has such a feminine and refined face, and sometimes it's hard to capture her exact expression on camera because her nose always looks different than it is in person, etc. She almost looks like a perma puppy.

Moses isn't the most handsome or cute dog in the world, but just his personality and demeanor, and sad spaniel eyes are adorable. It always makes me smile when I get home and he jumps in circles and wiggles his butt in excitement.

I also admire other dogs as well, although the dogs around here aren't too cute... nor do I see any regularly, aside from a boxer and husky kept outside in a kennel. It's sad to see such high energy dogs cooped up all day, jumping up the fence as we walk by.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Top Dog

I do it with Ripley and Journey all the time. They both are just very nice to look at. Neither are perfect obviously, but all in all, I think they're beautiful and probably the nicest put together dogs we've had. And I admire parts of Keira... as weird as that sounds. All together she's not the most perfect looking Doberman, but some of her features are quite nice IMO. And Dance I mostly just look at how cute she is, unless she's just been groomed, because then I think she's beautiful and can't stop looking at her. And cuddling her. Same with Journey. Nothing like a well tidied, fluffed up fuzzy dog to me!

When I see a really nicely put together dog out in public though I also can't help but stop and admire it. And sometimes some are so nice that I think to myself that if I lived with that dog, I'd probably just look at it all day every day haha.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 PM
The Littlest Hound

All the time.

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)