Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Oh... So you just fix crazy?

Damnit, why couldn't anyone tell me that 15 years ago?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:22 AM
Show Dog

I finally, after 50 years, stopped chewing my nails because I read something about the millions of germs that lurk under them. Unfortunately that was replaced by picking at my cuticles and the skin beside my nails.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

If I have a cut I pick at it... picking scabs off. I don't even notice I'm doing it sometimes. It's bad.

I also pop zits but often it's because I get cystic acne and it really, really hurts. And the fastest way to make it stop hurting is to pop it, get the sebum out, and have the swelling go down. Which sometimes causes a scab to grow, which means I pick at it...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-14-2013, 11:18 AM
Kotah BEAR

Lets see I bite my nails and have since I was like 6 yrs old and im 22 now. I smoke. I cuss like a sailor. Im a debater (not sure if that's a real word) but a lot of people don't like it because I will debate everything, if necessary. And I think that's it.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:25 AM
Like a bat outa' hell

I crack my toes and my hand and fingers all the time and it just feels so darn good. I don't care what every ones days. I also am constantly moving. If I am sitting down I have to be shaking my leg or a foot.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Top Dog

Nail biter. It's worse when I return to my parent's house for an extended time.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Wookie Collie

I chew at the inside of my cheeks/lips. Not to the point of really gross or bleeding, but I'm always picking at them.

I also fidget, CONSTANTLY. I have to be doing things. SItting idle just doesn't work. I can't watch a movie without having something for my hands to fiddle with (usually knitting).

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-14-2013, 11:43 AM
Top Dog

Oh, I have so. many.

I think I have some form of OCD/OCPD, because they pretty much control my life. I have the normal, anxiety related ones (nail biting, lip biting, messing with hair and clothes) and then I have some really weird ones that if I can't do, it will stress me out to the point of crying.

I don't do it constantly, but I'll get into these moods where I HAVE to pretend to "type" any word I see. Like, if I'm in the car and I see the sign, I move my fingers like I would if I were on a keyboard and "type out" the words. The amount of letters has to be even, and if not, then I'll combine them with another sign. I don't really know how to explain it, but it's a biggie.

I'm constantly doing this motion with my neck where I have to bend it forwards and all the way backwards (that started as a response to being told the symptoms of meningitis, and now I just can't quit doing it).

If I'm on, say, Youtube, I have a very specific "clicking" ritual I do anytime I pause or press play on a video. I have to click to the very left of the screen, the very top of the screen, the very right of the screen, and the very bottom of the screen before I press the play button, or I will drive myself crazy and start getting anxious. I normally have to do it multiple times. Also, the cursor cannot be anywhere in sight; I have to drag it down to a bottom corner.

Most I do on one side of my body, I have to do on the other. I chew on both sides of my mouth equal times, if I clench one hand I have to clench the other, and the weird one is touch. If someone touches me in one place, I expect them to touch me in the same place on the other side, but since I can't control that, I can sometimes trick myself by thinking about something else and touching myself there.

I don't always do it, but when I'm in my more "rigid" moods, I flick the lights several times when turning them on, and I sometimes have to go back and do it more if I feel like I didn't do it enough. This applies to many things. I stroke things several times until my brain lets me quit, as well as clench my jaw, blink, stretch, say a word, blah blah blah over and over until I am "allowed" to stop.

There are a TON more, but I'll be here all day if I keep typing. I don't know if I should take medicine or what.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:22 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I don't really have any habits. I mean I figit sometimes and there is one weird thing that I do where I "write" words with my finger that I hear or see. I usually do it on my leg or on the arm of the chair/couch I'm in. A lot of times I don't notice it until I've written the same word over and over and over again. Also sometimes I'll write it fast and faster until I notice it and then I try to stop. It's weird but I just like writing I guess lol!!

ETA: Oh! Okay I do have a habit. I'm obsessed with having SOMETHING in my mouth. Like, if I don't have gum or something, I'll pick sequins off if my shirt or jeans, I'll chew the little plastic thingies that hold price tags on stuff, I'll chew the little thing off of pen or sharpie lids that are used to clip them onto stuff. I love plastic but I'll occasionally do metal, like coke can tabs, etc.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Top Dog

I don't think I really have any. No kind of oral fixation....I do things like skin pick and nail bite and lip bite...but it's not a habit, it only happens every few months when I have somewhat of a mental breakdown or panic attack.

Talking to myself might be one. I talk to myself, inanimate objects, the animals, constantly. Me cooking myself dinner, totally alone, sounds something like:

"Oh my god, you look DELICIOUS"
"where the heck did I put that?"
"Why is the lettuce not in the crisper?"
"I better start cutting the peppers"
"oh, are you cooked all the way through? YES YOU ARE!"
"wow, I'm so excited for this stir fry"

Yeah....

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com