Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 PM
Resident fainting goat

I just don't think venting harmlessly (and anonymously) on the internet about the little things that annoy us about our SO indicates some kind of huge ISSUE lol
I love my boyfriend and I don't think there is any harm in saying I think the way he smacks his gum is ANNOYING and I don't think that indicates that our relationship is more or less functional.

I just think people are missing the point of this thread lol anytime you live with someone or are in close contact.. there are going to be little things they do that you would do differently.

I was having a conversation like this with a group of friends and there is always one like "Oh.. I dunno.. I love him and all his little quirks.. nothing he does annoys me"
LIES!! LOL you are a human being living in close proximity with another human being. THERE IS NOTHING THEY DO THAT ANNOYS YOU!? EVEN A LITTLE?!
a few drinks and all of a sudden everyone remembers the little things
I'm not saying to put these things on facebook or nag your SOs about it..

but come on.

If he does this with the toothpaste one more time...
I am going to bonk him on the head!!
Old 02-13-2013, 07:13 PM
Top Dog

To contribute to the vent part lol.....

DH is awesome at fixing and doing home repairs etc. I love that.....I do NOT love when he gets in a "fix ALL the things" mode and I end up with piles of power tools and wood and crap all over my house (and I actually dont mind clutter and am not a cleaner so if I complain, yes, its bad!). Or he is bad about thinking about how his projects affect others (like digging giant trenches in both front and back yard towards the end of fall....meaning all winter and spring both yards will be giant mud pits that the dogs get to tromp through:/ or turning off the water do do a "quick" pipe repair right before its time to get the kids bathed and ready for bed....for those who dont know, a "quick" pipe repair is NEVER quick)
Old 02-13-2013, 07:14 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

No one said it was an indication of a huge issue

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
To contribute to the vent part lol.....

DH is awesome at fixing and doing home repairs etc. I love that.....I do NOT love when he gets in a "fix ALL the things" mode and I end up with piles of power tools and wood and crap all over my house (and I actually dont mind clutter and am not a cleaner so if I complain, yes, its bad!). Or he is bad about thinking about how his projects affect others (like digging giant trenches in both front and back yard towards the end of fall....meaning all winter and spring both yards will be giant mud pits that the dogs get to tromp through:/ or turning off the water do do a "quick" pipe repair right before its time to get the kids bathed and ready for bed....for those who dont know, a "quick" pipe repair is NEVER quick)
LOL trenches always make me laugh. My stepdad is famous for his trenches lol I even made him a t shirt in honor of them lol

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
LOL trenches always make me laugh. My stepdad is famous for his trenches lol I even made him a t shirt in honor of them lol
Holes and trenches...my guy loves to dig apparently lol

To be fair, these actually have a purpose (many of his other ones did not). We now have a huge rain water collection system hooked to all the gardens so that is very nice.

THe trenches in the back yard are still there, covered with boards:/ THat will be to run a line out to the garage so we can charge the car on a 220v outlet.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I just don't think venting harmlessly (and anonymously) on the internet about the little things that annoy us about our SO indicates some kind of huge ISSUE lol
I love my boyfriend and I don't think there is any harm in saying I think the way he smacks his gum is ANNOYING and I don't think that indicates that our relationship is more or less functional.

I just think people are missing the point of this thread lol anytime you live with someone or are in close contact.. there are going to be little things they do that you would do differently.

I was having a conversation like this with a group of friends and there is always one like "Oh.. I dunno.. I love him and all his little quirks.. nothing he does annoys me"
LIES!! LOL you are a human being living in close proximity with another human being. THERE IS NOTHING THEY DO THAT ANNOYS YOU!? EVEN A LITTLE?!

but come on.

Yes!! Haha
Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
Holes and trenches...my guy loves to dig apparently lol

To be fair, these actually have a purpose (many of his other ones did not). We now have a huge rain water collection system hooked to all the gardens so that is very nice.

THe trenches in the back yard are still there, covered with boards:/ THat will be to run a line out to the garage so we can charge the car on a 220v outlet.
Lol my step dads historic trench was to connect their bbq to their house gas line. His crowning achievement lol. He tells the story ten times a day lol so his shirt says "did I tell you I dig a trench?" LOL

G.K. Chesterton

Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

but come on.

Yeah what is that about guys & SAUEEZING THE TOOTHPASTE IN THE MIDDLE!!! I swear, I don't bother telling him anymore because it does no good & although my SO doesn't smack his gum he does snore (which is really of of his control but still :S)

He messes up his clothes after I fix them ... Ugh

Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
Silence! I ban you!

For the record, the only trench I have dug on my property was completed and filled in the same weekend.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:57 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Lol I am also a ham fisted toothpaste squeezer. Maybe I commiserate with te guys because I am the one that has most of their undesireable traits

I fart too lol

G.K. Chesterton