Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
This is going to sound awful, but he is constantly trying to touch me. He rubs my back, massages my shoulders, rubs his thumb over the back of my hand.
I'm jealous If only I could have my own personal masseuse follow me around, life would be bliss!

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 02-13-2013, 02:07 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

God mine pinches me all the time in public unexpectedly just to make me "squeal" & make people think I am crazy ... Drives me nuts.

He also says he will give massages but never does

Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
God mine pinches me all the time in public unexpectedly just to make me "squeal" & make people think I am crazy ... Drives me nuts.

He also says he will give massages but never does
HAHAHA guilty of that too. I always randomly pinch Brians butt in the grocery store and then run away

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 PM
The Littlest Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparks19 View Post
HAHAHA guilty of that too. I always randomly pinch Brians butt in the grocery store and then run away
LOL OMG I want you guys' relationship. You are so blessed <3

I may have to try that hehe

The Plotts:
UKC GRCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Liz
CH CCH CA 'PR' Jebb's Bayou Rage OFA Hips: Good

And the "off-colored" hounds:
Daisy Duke Garrett CGC, RA & my <3 dog (basset)

Very Missed:
UKC GRCH CCH 'PR' Skyplott Teddy Bearhug
UKC CH CCH 'PR' Hannas Creek Irresistible You
'PR' Dead River K-N-A Swagger - the BAD puppy!
(and Autumn, the feist.)
Old 02-13-2013, 02:36 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlottMom View Post
LOL OMG I want you guys' relationship. You are so blessed <3

I may have to try that hehe
well I figure if h e gets to honk my boob... that gives me free reign to pinch his butt whenever I want to

Thank you though. We are blessed

You should definitely try it

I come by it honestly though. My aunt was the type to go into a store with her hubby and hike her pants up, tuck the bottoms into her socks and run around calling "dear... oh DEARRRR where are you? Oh thank goodness I found you" LOL

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM
Top Dog

I just started dating this guy, but... god. He does not know how to handle his... uh... morning gift. I've told him I'm incapable of doing anything like that in the morning, but still, every morning when he wakes up he starts thrusting in my general direction/on me. Not trying to get me to do anything, just... doing it. I. Can't. Take it. It's gotten better/subtler, but there's still a little there. I'll be spelling out not to do that tomorrow.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Super-Genius

Dropping in for a rare post... I want to share a little about why I think Tanya (Sparks19) and I have such a fantastic relationship. Now, I am going to use a Bible verse as my backdrop, but please feel free to replace God with the flying spaghetti monster, primordal ooze or where ever you think we come from.

Ephesians 5:33 "However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband."

At first glance this probably makes many of the ladies here furious, but please hear me out. Man and woman are programmed different, we have different needs. Neither one is better than the other, just different. God commands men to love (the actual greek uses the word agape, which is like godly love, not romantic love) their wives. Why? Because that does not come naturally to most men. We tend to want to provide, fix, and protect... Then be respected for it, regardless of our results. Conversely, women are commanded to respect their husbands because that does not come naturally. This respect should come, regardless of results.

Why regardless of results? Because we are human and we ALL fail. But good natured people will work to make a relationship better. So, the next time you get in a conflict with your significant other, try this...

Men to women.... "I am sorry dear, did I just say something in a way that came across as unloving?"

Women to men.... "I am sorry dear, did I just say something in a way that came across as disrespectful?"

I bet that if the two people are good willed and care for each other, this will help mend fences.

Men, love your wife, ANYWAY.
Women, respect your husband, ANYWAY.

A good willed couple can be healed this way. I do not rule my wife and she does not rule me. I love her, warts and all. She respects me, warts and all. (And I have a LOT of warts, many more than her.)
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckstop31 View Post

At first glance this probably makes many of the ladies here furious, but please hear me out. Man and woman are programmed different, we have different needs. Neither one is better than the other, just different. God commands men to love (the actual greek uses the word agape, which is like godly love, not romantic love) their wives. Why? Because that does not come naturally to most men. We tend to want to provide, fix, and protect... Then be respected for it, regardless of our results. Conversely, women are commanded to respect their husbands because that does not come naturally. This respect should come, regardless of results.
I agree with men and women being different in general (there are tons of exceptions and its definitely not black and white) but I do not at all agree with LOVE not coming naturally to men or RESPECT not coming naturally to women. The way in which we SHOW it is often different so there is a lot lost in translation. A man shows LOVE by fixing, by doing which is not always the way women look for it...but that does not mean he does not naturally love.

For me, making a relationship work is going to look totally different for each couple. At its basic level its understanding, respect, compromise, empathy and love
Old 02-13-2013, 06:33 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Not that men can't love naturally but they generally don't have the nurturing love that women have (in general) and want from their spouse. Of course there are acceptions but for the most part men are fixers not nurturers (again not ALL)

But it seems when a woman is mad at her husband she generally doesn't withold her nurturing love, she witholds her respect (talks to him disrespectfully with things like "well what do you do... I take care of the kids and clean and work and all you do is work" or something.). Usually we seem to attack their abilities or the way they provide or don't provide. She might not mean to act like she doesn't respect him but we seem to know that his ability to provide is the thing that will hirt him most. Generally.... He takes this as you not respecting what he does not nessecarily you not loving him.

The same exchange where a husband questions the wifes day to day life cones across as him not being loving or nurturing.

Again in general...

Thats not to say men can't love or women can't respect or that men don't need love an women don't need resPect... There is just a tendancy for men to see things from an aspect of respect and women see thigs from an aspect of love.

I see people (women mostly because I have more women than men on my facebook) post things on facebook and it just smacks of a total lack of respect for their spouse. Like on woman one day posted "*hubbys name* you are such a disappointment". WHY would you do that other than to hurt them where you know it will hurt them... Where they feel like their spouse diesn't respect them at all.

To coin the love and respect series phrase "when a woman feels unloved she often responds with disrespect, when a man feels disrespected he often responds unlovingly."

Not a one size fits all but yes as you said Greenmagick it's about learning how your spouse communicates vs how you communicate or how they perceive what you says vs how you perceive it

G.K. Chesterton

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 PM
Super-Genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenmagick View Post
I agree with men and women being different in general (there are tons of exceptions and its definitely not black and white) but I do not at all agree with LOVE not coming naturally to men or RESPECT not coming naturally to women. The way in which we SHOW it is often different so there is a lot lost in translation. A man shows LOVE by fixing, by doing which is not always the way women look for it...but that does not mean he does not naturally love.

For me, making a relationship work is going to look totally different for each couple. At its basic level its understanding, respect, compromise, empathy and love
To add to what Tanya just said....

This is why I hate social media and MUCH prefer actually talking to people... LOL

This is exactly what I meant. I was not trying to say that men cannot love and women cannot respect. I was saying that the opposite sexes often translate how we communicate it incorrectly. Thus my request to ask those questions of each other when your SO says something that hacks you off.
Romans 8:28

R.I.P my beloved Teddy, my "squishy monster". You will never be forgotten.