Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog and Pet Fun > Agility and Dog Sports

Old 02-12-2013, 04:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Auggie was just over 2.5 years old for agility. He was definitely ready at that point though I didn't believe it. He was just over a year old when we started training with weekly-ish classes (I took some time off there and again because I was still in college taking night classes at the time.) I THINK he was four for rally - his first rally trial was on his birthday and I'm pretty sure it was when he turned four rather than when he turned three. He was five at his first obedience trial.

Payton will be two May 16th; so far he had a disastrous debut in rally when he was 14 months old, got his CGC a few months ago with pretty much zero incidence (on Auggie's birthday in fact), but he has not played anything else yet. Dock Dogs will hopefully be sometimes this summer and I'm hoping agility in the fall, but I'm very very cautious and won't start him in agility until I know he's ready.

Georgie will be two at the end of July, July 25th I think, and she hasn't done anything yet and who knows when she will be ready - she is further behind than Payton.

Pepper is four and has yet to do anything. Poor girly. I'm not sure if she'll ever do anything besides be a snuggle-lump though so I don't care.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-12-2013, 04:04 PM
Top Dog

Courtney started Lure Coursing around the age of 5, we've been at it for about a year now.
And she started doing juniors with my son at close to 6.
Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Top Dog

Whimsy was about 20 months and her first trial was a UKC one at the UBSDA National. She won HIT Belgian for one of the trials. Her next trial was a couple months later and an AKC one - she Q'd with 1st place in everything. Whim is just such a good dog

Savvy was around 18 months, also a UKC trial. He Q'd and placed on both runs and got a Total Dog award. He was pretty wild though LOL His next trial he was at 21 months and CPE. He Q'd in Level 3 Jackpot and got 1st place...against Whim :O He ran in a few other things but he isn't trained for weaves just yet so no other Qs (he was only supposed to be entered in the non-weave classes but it filled fast, so I just entered him for practice in what I could on the day I was able to get in). He isn't really ready just yet but he's close enough to have some fun at trials with him. He takes direction well, has fun and needs contact practice in trial settings so I opt to run him. He's entered in a few CPE (non-weave option classes) runs in March too.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Big Dog

Remmy started trialing in Agility at 20 months. In 6 trials he got 10 Q's and got his SGDC (Starter Games Dog of Canada) ADC (Agility Dog of Canada). That was his first year of trialing. Took a little longer to get his AADC (Advanced Agility Dog of Canada) and we still need two more Advanced Snooker to get his Advanced Games Dog of Canada, then he will be in Masters in everything.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:53 AM
Top Dog

Gavroche started in rally at around 2 1/2ish. He started lure coursing at 4 1/2ish.

Logan started in rally at around 1 year, and lure coursing around 3 years. He'll be starting traditional obedience this year around 4.

Honestly, those timelines have more to do with my finances than my dogs' readiness or anything else.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 AM
Top Dog

Aiden trialed for his BH at 15 months and his IPO1 at 2 years. I kind of rushed for the 1 though and wish I had waited a little bit longer. We trialed for his IPO2 after his 3rd birthday.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:33 AM
Top Dog

Kastle started conformation as a puppy.

A one year he went for his CGC, started competing in U-Fli flyball, Dock Jumping and Lure Coursing.

At 1.5 he got his AD. Aiming for his BH around 2 and to start competing in agility around then as well.

I got Eden at 13 months and y the time she was 2 we had achieved our CGC, a flyball title, a lure coursing title, and two AKC agility titles.

Limit's got nothing yet lol, 9 months old.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:40 PM
Top Dog

Never made it to trialing with Jinj.
Enda was about 9-10 months for her first UKC show, I think? Didn't get her paperwork for AKC till the end of the year so her first AKC show she was over a year. Her first Herding and Rally trials were last year, AKC, she was over 2. Haven't started Agility yet but hope to later this year.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Show Dog

Abby was 6 when we finally were able to start Agility classes and she had her first trial a couple months before she turned 7.

Twister turned one in January and will either be debuting in agility this fall or sometime next year. We'll see how it goes...
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Active Pup

Default When I started training

I started a few years ago when I was about 7. I am eleven now but I still train a extremely hard dog to handle. He attacks other dogs. I love him though, he and I also do Jr. Handling with him, we are a great teen!!