Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Wookie Collie

So, I said it would suck.

It didn't.

Matt got me a "present" of an early screener of the new Adventure Time episode he downloaded. This is a big deal because the new episode is the second genderswap episode that I've been looking forward to for months. An appropriate gift from my fresh-ex-boyfriend.

I cooked us dinner, because he has a LONG shift at work tonight and is trying not to think about things too hard. I made salmon, rice, veggies and bought a fun paired wine. When he gets home, the three of us (Scott too) will huddle around the TV and watch a movie.

All things considered, a good day.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Top Dog

I decided to suck it up and go to dinner with my parents, and it was AWESOME.

We went to this small local restaurant that only opened about a year ago. We haven't gone in a few months but the waiter remembered us which made me super happy. Then my Mom made a joke to the bus boy, and the woman at the table next to us laughed and said that he was her son and made small talk, and then her husband showed up.

Turns out the couple knows a bunch of the same people we do, and we spent the whole time chatting and then they showed me 100 pictures of their bulldog X beagle puppy and asked me to dog sit for them.

And the food was delicious.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-15-2013, 09:15 AM
Top Dog

I came home to a note on my apartment door telling me to go to the location of our first date and tell the person at the counter my name. Drove to the frozen yogurt store, showed the man my note (and turned bright red) and was handed a bouquet of flowers with another note. This time I was instructed to drive to the place that I love on campus where we went to look at the stars. Ten minutes later, I pulled into the parking lot and climbed to the top of the highest fire escape. A little box of chocolates was waiting. No label, so I contemplated whether it was meant for me, before I reasoned that heart shaped boxes of chocolate don't normally sit at the top of unused fire-escapes (plus, I probably wouldn't have been able to keep myself from taking it anyway!)... by the time I got back to the bottom, he was waiting to give me a hug and a kiss. He even parked his car all the way across campus and walked, so that I wouldn't see his car when I drove in.

Then we went to get burgers together (which I thought was going to be the only plan of the evening). Best. Valentines. Day. Ever.

My Hiking Blog: http://thehikinghokie.blogspot.com/
Old 02-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Top Dog

I had a good valentines day. I got my edible arrangement and all 3 kids got me a little something too. Got home from work and husband had installed a new toilet seat, a nice one too. Then he took me to the Olive Garden and we had dinner and margarita's. It was our 30th valentines day together.
Old 02-15-2013, 01:47 PM
Top Dog

I made (mostly homemade) pizza, he brought wine, and we stayed in (mostly).

I enjoyed it!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Food poisoning. Lots of vomiting. I hate Valentines. Forever.