Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Ok awesome. My next day off work is on Wednesday so I'm going to see if I can get in first thing on Wednesday. Any ideas what I can do in the meantime to calm the area? Would yogurt help at all you think because of the probiotics?
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-10-2013, 09:49 PM
Obey the Toad.

If it burns when you pee you can take a squirt bottle with warm water and sort of squirt the water at the area while you pee to dilute it and hopefully help the pain. Also, you could try a warm washcloth on the area. I know yeast infection kits come with a soothing cream but I don't know if that's specific to yeast infections or can be used on all types of infections down there.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 02-10-2013, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

This may sound odd, but if it's a yeast infection and it's burning and driving you nuts, this does work.

Take a disposable glove and fill the fingers with plain yogurt - just the fingers - and then freeze. Take out one 'finger' and insert/apply. Yes, it's cold and yes, it's messy, but when I had a yeast infection it was the only thing that calmed it all down and actually helped clear things up. http://www.natural-homeremedies-for-...nfections.html

Just have to hide the glove or explain to your roomates (in my case anyway) when they find it....
Old 02-10-2013, 11:01 PM
SBT Lover!!

I go to PP for my lady visits. I have insurence, but if I didn't it would cost me $90 with the sliding scale. I pay my copay day of, but I'm sure they'd work with you. They are awesome.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillysally View Post
If it burns when you pee you can take a squirt bottle with warm water and sort of squirt the water at the area while you pee to dilute it and hopefully help the pain. Also, you could try a warm washcloth on the area. I know yeast infection kits come with a soothing cream but I don't know if that's specific to yeast infections or can be used on all types of infections down there.
The warm water idea actually sounds like it would help with the pain part honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilter View Post
This may sound odd, but if it's a yeast infection and it's burning and driving you nuts, this does work.

Take a disposable glove and fill the fingers with plain yogurt - just the fingers - and then freeze. Take out one 'finger' and insert/apply. Yes, it's cold and yes, it's messy, but when I had a yeast infection it was the only thing that calmed it all down and actually helped clear things up. http://www.natural-homeremedies-for-...nfections.html

Just have to hide the glove or explain to your roomates (in my case anyway) when they find it....
Ya I knew I had heard something about yogurt helping. I'm going to give this a shot. I don't have to worry about anyone finding the glove and having to explain it lol. We have a little mini fridge that has a freezer that I can freeze it in and my husband is the only one that would possibly find it. He already knows what is going on so I'm not too worried about having to explain it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
I go to PP for my lady visits. I have insurence, but if I didn't it would cost me $90 with the sliding scale. I pay my copay day of, but I'm sure they'd work with you. They are awesome.
I definitely think PP is the route I'm going to take. I just hope hope hope that the doctor they have that handles this exam is female... the idea of a male doctor staring at my hoo hoo area skeeves me out.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 AM
Top Dog

If you don't want to do all that work with the glove - you can just use a tampon applicator. Fill it with yogurt and squirt it in.

The only times I had a yeast infection (twice), I used yogurt and it killed it right off, never went to the dr for them.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-11-2013, 11:25 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I know this is going to sound weird but do you think it's possible that you are having some kind of allergic reaction to something you are using? (Soap, powder & even some intimate lubricant as well as the lube from some condom brands ... Even toilet paper.).

I am sorry if this sounds intrusive lol, but sometimes it's the hung you'd never thought it'd be.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:37 PM
Behavior Nerd

DD has a very good point! Have you changed anything you put on or in your body recently?

I know that people can be allergic to things that would cause swelling and pain in that area: latex (condoms), preservatives in lube/spermacides, even sperm itself!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

On the PP suggestion - I would highly recommend you call your regular doctor/gyno (whoever you were seeing before) and ask how much it would be, then call PP and ask how much it would be. I was without insurance for three months, and of course my depo injection fell in that three months. I called my doctor and they told me how much getting the shot would be, then transferred me to the pharmacy so I could ask how much the injection itself was (it is over $50 without Rx insurance.) I called PP and asked them how much it would be. Without the price of the shot itself included, they were OVER twice what it was going to be TOTAL at my regular doctor.

Just call and check how much the exam fees will be before you go. I was REALLY surprised it was going to be that expensive at PP.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog