Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-07-2013, 08:14 PM
Top Dog

Default How involved is your SO in dog stuff?

Zach goes to agility trials to support me (and he's really good at doing that!), but not for one second do I think he's there because he enjoys it or that he would have ever gotten involved if not for me.

I feel bad because the last few weekends have been trial weekends which means he either tags along and is bored, or he stays at home doing his own thing and we don't see each other.

Solution: He should adopt boy lucy (see other thread).

What about your other half? How involved are they?
Old 02-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Top Dog

Ken, surprisingly, loves agility trials and he's really excited to see Crossbone compete someday. He's only been to a couple trials so the newness and excitement will probably wear off eventually :P

We've been going to agility classes together, but I haven't gotten Ken to do anything with him yet.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 PM
such sights to show you

He helps me at events and trials, but he doesn't really participate.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:39 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

No not really. He doesn't really care much about any of my dog sports stuff and he doesn't really go with me to do anything dog related. I wish he did some of the time.

He will help out sometimes with work related dog events, but that's about it and mainly because he knows everyone I work with.
Not Named- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

He went to puppy class with us and is going to the elementary class too. But other than that, nothing. I'm happy he remembers we have a dog most days.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-07-2013, 09:08 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Ryan really enjoys going to obed/agility/etc trials and will even go with mutual friends when I am working He has also gone and volunteered at trials when I was not there, because he's awesome!

He would really like to run Siri in agility, but I don't know that he's up to all the training and such that you have to put in BEFORE the trials. We will see, and I am TOTALLY supportive of him competing with her, I would love that!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 PM
Club Terrible - President

Not very. He's helpful, but he's more of a cat person.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
No not really. He doesn't really care much about any of my dog sports stuff and he doesn't really go with me to do anything dog related. I wish he did some of the time.

He will help out sometimes with work related dog events, but that's about it and mainly because he knows everyone I work with.
But mine will sometimes say "why are you doing it like that?" (In reference to training, with Buddy I use treats & lots of PR since he was abused) OH doesn't understand that & tries to say "just make him do it" (in reference to him putting a leash on, he HATED leashes when he first came to us).

But as far as the husbandry part of it he stays out of it; he likes dogs but is not that interested in it to take up training or walking or whatever.

But in all fairness he does let me get for them what ever they need (supplements etc...), let's me feed any type of feed I want regardless of the price & doesn't ask Q's about it, so I will let him slide with the care part for that lol.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Top Dog

Tim has gotten more and more involved the longer we have been together. He will go to trials and some other events if he can,but most of the time work gets in the way. He's excited to have his own dog to play with but I don't see him putting in the time needed for an involved sport like as agility. He wants to try dock diving and disc for sure though.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Top Dog

He is very involved!

We met at the doggie daycare we worked at together, and he came with his own canine compadre. He wasn't the most dog savvy when we met, but he has learned a lot, and is very actively involved in our dogs.

On the other hand though, he is not interested in dog shows or competitive dog sports, but would support me none the less.