Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Girl, Age 9, Gives Birth in Mexico

This is too sad

Quote:
By Anne Laurent:

A 9-year-old Mexican girl, under the reported name of Dafne, gave birth to a baby girl on Jan. 27, 2013 in Jalisco, Mexico.

Both mother and child are at home and healthy, Dr. Enrique Rabago, director of Zoquipan Hospital, said at a press conference this morning.

The search continues, according to authorities, for the baby's 17-year-old father, who may be criminally charged for having a sexual relationship with Dafne.

"Due to her young age, we don't know if she is being entirely truthful," says Lino Ginzalez Corona, spokesperson at Jalisco State Prosecutor's Office, who received an account of the relationship from the young mother who describes a loving relationship.

According to Corona, the 17-year-old and Dafne were dating but the young girl is unwilling to release any further information regarding the association between the two.

"She did not realize that she was pregnant until the seventh month," said Corona. Her boyfriend suggested Dafne move in with him and to raise the child together but when the young mother refused, her boyfriend "decided to leave town two months ago," says Corona.

State authorities are searching for the father of the child to acquire his own account of what occurred between the two. The prosecutor's office in the state of Jalisco said they are willing to request cooperation from neighboring state authorities if necessary.

Corona says the state prosecutor is "still open to the possibility of rape or child sex abuse."

Dafne, who is one of 11 children, lives in Ixtlahuacan de los Membrillos, a poverty-stricken neighborhood 25 miles south of Guadalajara. "Her parents work all day and were not watching after her," says Corona, "and therefore didn't realize what was about to happen."

The girl was given a C-Section at the time of the birth. "Due to her young age and to the fact that her body was not ready to give birth," says Rabago, "the medical team decided a C-Section was the best option" for both mother and child.

Rabago said at the press conference that Dafne will be receiving both medical and psychological attention.

Last year, in Zoquipan Hospital, around 25 percent of the pregnancies were among teens.
http://abcnews.go.com/m/blogEntry?id=18422388

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

I, WOW... I am stunned speechless!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Anger is a normal reaction, right?

Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:10 AM
Irritate with Caution!!

I keep trying to wrap my head around the fact that this child is barley a year older than Lauren, my friends daughter where we are staying... Who plays with My Little Pony and Dolls..... Can't imagine it, can't get my head around it....
Old 02-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Anger is a normal reaction, right?

I hope so cause that's my feeling right now.
Old 02-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

It's sad, but it's really not that uncommon for girls that age to get pregnant after sexual abuse. And she is, by far, not the youngest girl to have a baby.

I was looking into this a few months ago after I read about a girl who had birthed a live and healthy baby at age 5, and was quite shocked. There is a fairly lengthy recorded list of girls under the age of 10 having babies...mostly from sexual abuse, but a good few after "experimenting" with boys close in age to them.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 PM
<------ CLAIM! ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
It's sad, but it's really not that uncommon for girls that age to get pregnant after sexual abuse. And she is, by far, not the youngest girl to have a baby.

I was looking into this a few months ago after I read about a girl who had birthed a live and healthy baby at age 5, and was quite shocked. There is a fairly lengthy recorded list of girls under the age of 10 having babies...mostly from sexual abuse, but a good few after "experimenting" with boys close in age to them.
To get pregnant you must be ... Er... Having your "monthly gift" right? Is it normal for girls to get their first periods that young? I got mine At 12

Old 02-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Irritate with Caution!!

I was 9, my daughter was 10... I think many menstruate quite a bit younger than 12, at least the girls I knew
Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogdragoness View Post
To get pregnant you must be ... Er... Having your "monthly gift" right? Is it normal for girls to get their first periods that young? I got mine At 12
It's not at all uncommon for girls who are 8 or 9 to start periods, especially in today's age (IMO it likely has something to do with all the hormones added to foods these days, but I don't think that's proven). I don't think it was ever really unheard of or uncommon for girls to start periods at 9 or 10.

And there are various medical conditions or just an unexplained phenomenon that can cause girls to menstruate (and ovulate) at as young as a few months old.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 02-07-2013, 06:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Yeah I saw this the other day then saw the youngest girl to give birth was FIVE. I can't even wrap my head around that. It's so sad for those little girls.