Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Please tell me I'm not the only one...

That feels super guilty whenever you have to take one dog and leave the other dog at home.

Tonight was tuesday, which has meant Mia and I go to nosework for a few months. Mia's class has wrapped up and moved to a few times a month meeting up random places on Sundays. So now I am taking Summer to Tuesday night classes.

Tonight Mia was dancing all around, so excited. I don't know how they know the days of the week but I swear they do. She was SO HAPPY. 'OMG, she's taking me to the fun place!' I kenneled them both. Summer stood there like usual watching me and Mia is doing the 'OH SO HAPPY! I AM GO IN THE CAR. GO TO THE FUN PLACE!' She gets so excited her whole body wiggles all over and she grins from ear to ear.

And then I left her. Total look of not comprehending on Mia's face. I kept trying to remind myself that Summer was super excited to get to go this time, but I felt so bad for crushing Mia's little dreams. lol

I know I am being way too ridiculous about this. But please tell me I'm not the only one that feels guilty.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Nope, but mine are very used to it. Still, le sad.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:21 PM
I'm All Ears

Mine are very used to it too, but they still try to convince me every time that I am taking them and not that other dog.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:22 PM
such sights to show you

I used to, but I got over it.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:24 PM
I'm All Ears

Maybe I should just admit that Mia has me wrapped around her little paw. As if that wasn't obvious yet.

As bad as it is I feel a lot worse leaving Mia than leaving Summer.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Twin 2

I feel absolutely horrible every single time. They kill me.

I try really hard to keep it at taking turns just to make me feel better but the times I have to sit there and decide who's going to go to something and then leave the other breaks my heart.

Doesn't help when they know something is up and are pushing at the gates and running around all excited. Kills.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:44 PM
orange iguanas.

I feel AWFUL when I have to leave Juno behind. Just her. She's the only one that looks so devastated.

When it is super cold here, which has been pretty frequent in recent weeks... I can't take Juno for a walk no matter how much she wants me to believe that she can handle it. Lol she just can't. But Happy loves the cold, so I still take her. And every time I do it... I feel like I am yanking out Juno's heart and stomping all over it.

I try to then make it up to her by taking her somewhere, just the two of us... like to the bank, where the teller always sends her out a treat. This is mostly just for my sake since I'm sure she is way over the emotional devastation I caused her LOL.

I think the biggest issue is that I have NEVER left Juno behind to do things with another dog. Juno goes everywhere with me. I don't take Lucy places. So when she gets left behind while I take Happy somewhere, she HAS to be wondering WTF IS HAPPENING.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 PM
such sights to show you

Someday I should video Maisy when I take Squash mushing without her. I guarantee you would all come away convinced I am the coldest-hearted person to walk this earth, to be able to walk away from her.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
I think the biggest issue is that I have NEVER left Juno behind to do things with another dog. Juno goes everywhere with me. I don't take Lucy places. So when she gets left behind while I take Happy somewhere, she HAS to be wondering WTF IS HAPPENING.
YES!

That was it when I added Didgie. Traveler was like "We're going places! We're going places! We're goi-----." And then I would take Didgie and he would be heartbroken. He was my go everywhere with dog and then I added a stupid puppy.

And oh my word does he mope. He'll go and curl up with other family members and give these little sad whines and moans.

SO SAD!

Didgie's just angry things are happening without her.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:49 PM
Top Dog

With five dogs they rarely ever go somewhere all at once. So none of us feel bad.