Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Top Dog

My dad was convinced that Mammoth was going to die the first time I left for college. He plastered himself to the door. He didn't eat for nearly a week...wouldn't go for walks. He was my heart and soul.

Bailey thinks I'm The Coolest Person Ever but he can and does hang out with my dad as well. As soon as I stand up, though, poor dad is chopped liver unless he can up the ante with a snack or a toy!

Liberty could not give a single care about me. He's my dad's dog through and through!

http://ejfoden.wix.com/efinkart
Old 02-05-2013, 06:55 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer is fine with whoever. She adores my sister and pesters her the entire time she's around her.

Mia... oh boy. If someone is at my house taking care of her, Mia searches for me the entire time. My sisters do ok with her. I've left her with my dad a few times and I've often gotten texts of 'your dog won't stop throwing tennis balls at me. How do I make her stop?'.

The one time I had my stepmom watch Mia, it was a disaster. Mia refused to come inside and my stepmom ended up forcing her into the kennel. The end result of that was a 2 year long grudge that Mia had against her. She's finally getting to where it's not so bad. for at least a year Mia would growl at the stepmom if she looked at her. But I think we've moved past that some. The two of them don't really like each other. lol

the usual dogsitter has won her over somewhat. She will go give him some kisses (probably cause he feeds her).

She did well at Summer's breeders house for a week. I was really worried about how she'd do but it went just fine.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Top Dog

Henry is a lot better than he used to be. My husband and I have lived together for almost 3 years and Roy's finally a decent surrogate in his eyes.

He's never cried or acted up, but he would rarely interact with Roy while I was gone. He wouldn't ask for meals, walkies, anything. It took a few months but he warmed up substancially, and now you can hardly see a preference. That being said, he's still more 'my' dog. I walk him, play with him, and do all the training. Henry goes to Roy for cuddles and they are sweet together. The last year or so Henry has been sleeping in bed with Roy when I'm gone, and I know that warms his heart.

Henry does look for the other person when someone is gone. Usually only around the time they are supposed to be home, though. Last month I was out of town on business for a week and Henry did not get it. He waited for me by the door each night for hours. Roy said it was pretty pitiful.

Now he does love my mom and dad. I was living at home when I adopted him and he has a very special relationship with his Nana and Poppy. Everything in their house is familiar and he loves going there and even staying with them. In fact, when I moved in with Roy my parents used to watch Henry every Friday night/Saturday morning. They missed him terribly and called it their weekly visitation! They did it for 6+ months, then gradually phased the overnight visits out before they adopted their dog, Maggie.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:08 PM
orange iguanas.

Juno's a moper. Apparently she whines a lot and spends most of the day sleeping in my bed when I'm gone. Granted, no one else really interacts with her so I guess what other choice does she have.

Happy loves everyone! lol.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Frodo thinks both Ryan and I are pretty cool, but his SA is WAY worse with me. If we are sitting around and Ryan runs to go do something, nothing. If we are sitting around and *I* run to get something, well then the world is just going to end

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Top Dog

Bailey really likes a lot of people but none compare to me. She will always choose to follow me around and move from room to room with me if she can. That being said, she likes my mom an awful lot when I'm not around.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-05-2013, 07:26 PM
such sights to show you

According to my husband, Maisy whines for awhile when I first leave but then everyone just sleeps the whole time I'm gone.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

No one cares. They do basically the same things they do when I'm home, except when I'm gone Jonas obviously can't be stuck up my butt the whole time. The only real difference I notice is that the dogs are reactive to sounds when I'm home alone. When my boyfriend is alone they aren't. Either they're concerned for my well being or they're in on a murder plot against me. He claims Shambles is very good for him, and for that he can go to hell.

He also says Elsa looks for me with her neck craned like a Meerkat, but when she doesn't spot me she goes about her business. So figures the foster cares about where I am more than my actual dogs.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Top Dog

Jackson pretty much stays in my bedroom. Sometimes on the bed, sometimes under it, or sometimes laying by the window. Mom says she doesn't see him much (unless she opens the fridge)

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 PM
such sights to show you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
He claims Shambles is very good for him, and for that he can go to hell.
If Squash is buzzing around being annoying of an evening, my husband often says "Huh, he never acts like this when you're not here. He just sleeps when I'm home alone with them." Then I shoot lasers out of my eyes.