Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Default Your dog in the care of others in your home...

Denis sent me this last night while I was still at work.

This is Arnold, in Shamoos crate, hiding by the door. lol He's so pathetic. Pardon the mess, we're still in operation control the chaos. He often goes to the door, curls up and waits, indefinitely. He has had to be drug out back to potty before and rarely interacts until I'm home.

Curious, I asked if the others care and we discovered that while Sloan is his girl she doesn't care who's home between the two of us, and Shamoo while occasionally mopey(and supposedly won't listen to Denis) gets over it with relative ease. Backup definitely doesn't care.

Poor Arnold. I had him before Denis but we've been together for five years now, you'd think Arnold would attach to him, but no.

How about your dogs?
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

Gwen doesn't mope when I'm gone, that I know of. She likes Chris, so it's not a big deal. I'm sure she bugs him more than usual.

She definitely misses me more when I come home, though. Chris might get a couple of jumps, but she ATTACKS me when I get home.

But we're having problems with Chris ignoring her too much (in my opinion) so he kind of deserves the lukewarm welcome home

Overall, she prefers me. She is our dog but there is an obvious lean towards me. I would say that the next dog will be Chris' but... I'm not so sure about that

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

I guess it depends on the person and his mood.

When we stayed at BIL/SIL's house, Zander did not move an inch while we were gone. He found his spot, and he stuck to it like glue until we came back. He only got up and started yelling once, when I guess he REALLY had to pee. But for the 3 weeks we were there, he accepted lovin's and really had fun with BIL(who isn't a dog person), but he wouldn't move unless we were there.

If for any reason Jin is home and I'm not (rare), Zander generally just seems to hang out. He doesn't necessarily go to Jin or ask for anything, but he isn't a wax statue, either. He'll just amuse himself until I get back.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Resident fainting goat

That is seriously cute!! <3 lol Arnold is so loyal!

Merlin is a momma's boy as well. We are working on it. He does not like it when I leave and if he doesn't know the person well he will hardly look at them and just spend his time trying to get to me.
With people he knows though, he is usually pretty fine after a few moments of whining
Old 02-05-2013, 01:42 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Rumor whines and paces. Eventually she'll settle and lay down, but she'll get back up to whine and pace again. I feel sorry for everyone who has to deal with her while I'm gone. She's kind of annoying sometimes, lol.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Top Dog

Sir is very similar to Arnold.

When I leave, Brian says that Sir spends 90% of his time in an open crate (which I've never seen him do) and the rest of the time acting like he hates Brian, while curled up in the chair.

What's odd about this, is that if I'M home and Brian leaves, Sir paces the house for 5 minutes then settles down, and gets back up after about an hour or two and starts running from the couch where he can see out the window to our bedroom "looking" for Brian.

And when we're both home, he prefers Brian over me. They definitely have more of a bond and are always on the couch together. Weird dog.

The other two have no preference. Any time Brian is home, whether I am there or not, Frag is equally afraid and Recon equally doesn't give a shoot who's telling him not to eat tennis balls. He hates us all the same. XD

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

All three dogs do okay at our house. Mu is far far more attached to me than she is to Matt but she doesn't mope or freak out when I'm gone.

When we're not at home though....Mu gets a little tweaky. Last time we went camping I left her with my mom while I went four wheeling. I came back to a story about how Mu disappeared and my mom flipped out and looked and looked and looked and finally found her trying to dig into our tent (out of the 10-15 out there). I guess she thought I was in there hiding from her lol. She is never ever allowed off leash without me around. I have no doubt she'd go looking for me.

Murphy gets very clingy if I leave him with anyone but Matt (or anywhere but home) for more than a day.

Tipper doesn't care. Lol.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM
Sit! Good dog.

When I've lived with other people, Bodhi will take herself off and sleep on my bed if I go out, even if other people are in.

The first night I was away with Fred, he had to search the house to check I wasn't in before he settled... Lol.

I don't think they're too fussed though now, as long as the other half if home.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
& the Muttly Crew

The dogs are hubby's friends until it's about time for me to get home from work and then they leave him for dead to wait by the door. When I'm traveling they will persist by the door for hours. Mira, til bedtime.

The next day they will start by the door earlier, and earlier still every day after until I come home.

Mira used to completely ignore hubby when I was gone and just wait for me to come home. He put in time working with her and sitting with her and rewarding her for interaction so now she seems to accept him as a surrogate-me when I am gone.

But when I get home...

The sentiment is not reversed when he comes home while I am there. If I happen to be near the door then Kim and Web will greet him and Mira will wag in his direction but otherwise Kim and Web might go try to talk him into feeding them if they haven't already been fed. I can't remember the last time Mira did more than glance toward the door when he came home.

It's kinda sad. Web's technically his dog but Webster doesn't know that, apparently.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-05-2013, 01:57 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Same random question 2 posts in a row, that's never happen to be before lol

My current two don't care. They are always happy to see us, but as long as someone pays attention they are happy campers.

Izze was my dog, when I left her with my folks the first time when my job required me to travel, they said she didn't eat for a week