Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-05-2013, 01:03 PM
PSD Partner

Default I Need Some Creative Ideas for a 15yr B-day party

My daughter who is 14 is in foster care(full details to why is in the blog) and we just recently got back in contact . Anyway the last time I threw a party for her was when she was 9. And she asked me yesterday if I could plan her 15th B-day party. That will happen in the middle of November. I know, far away right? Wrong. My daughter is used to the parties I threw her. They were theme parties. Her favorite was a fairy theme one. I made 10 girls fairy see through skirts and wings for them to wear, had a spring dance pole for them to wrap ribbons around, fairy puzzles that I made for them to do and so many other things. I would spend the year planning for my kids bday and making the things for the party so even through they were elaborate they were not expensive since I made just about everything by hand. The thing is she did not have a b-day while with her abusive grandmother so I want to make sure this one is extra special.

So she has asked me to plan this years party. I have missed 4 b-days(not willingly) so I want to make sure that this one is memorable. Here is the thing. She wants it to be a dragon/fantasy theme party that is geared towards 15yr old girls. I have tried researching dragon/fantasy party stuff and all that comes up is things for little kids. I have already lost 3 months worth of time to plan and work on this and with having a baby home that cuts some time down too. So I need to make sure I get started on this now.

It needs to be planned for 5-10 guests as well. The things I need to gear towards this dragon/fantasy theme is:
decor
food
costumes
activites
and gifts

She has asked for some of the music to be from the movie How To Train Your Dragon but not have the party just around that movie since it is more of a kids movie. She also said to help to look at the Inheritance books(or those who have seen the Eragon movie since that is from the first book in that series). I have read that whole series as well. So I thought to get this ball rolling the best bet was to come to the creative minds here and see if they can help me come up with anything. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Taxiderpy

First off... Awesome!!!! I'm so glad to hear you are back in contact. That must be so wonderful for you two!!!

The first thing that pops into my head is pinatas. lol.

Found this pinterest board with dragon themed ideas. I like the carved watermelon, and the ice balloons/dragon eggs looks pretty spiffy too.
http://pinterest.com/hollykamenka/dragon-party-ideas/

If she likes sushi, there are sushi dragon rolls made to look like Asian dragons using avocado for scales. That could be a good appetizer.

For favors, since you have time to start looking you might gather together some Beanie Baby dragons from Ebay and stuff when affordable ones pop up. They're super cute but not totally childish. My college roommate had a bunch of them on her computer monitor.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM
PSD Partner

Thanks Romy. We are so happy to be in contact. Right now it is once a week phone calls and just about daily facebook/email contact. She regularly sends me videos and pictures. She has also posted her own entry to the blog and responded to a few of the entries. I am so proud of the strength she has shown and continues to show.

As for you ideas those are wonderful ones excluding the sushi ones. Keep the ideas coming. The more ideas I have to run by her the better. I am trying to make it an all day/evening thing. So lots of things to do, food to enjoy and so on.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

ow jeeze , i have some , but work is swamped , i will catch up to you on FB later! HUGS!!!
Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -bogart- View Post
ow jeeze , i have some , but work is swamped , i will catch up to you on FB later! HUGS!!!
Can't wait to hear them. Don't work too hard now. lol
Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Top Dog

About the sushi thing. A place I go to has a sweets sushi roll where instead of sea weed its fruit roll ups and the rice part is rice crispy treat and the fish is gummie bears. The flavors on it were different colored fruit roll ups cut to shape.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
About the sushi thing. A place I go to has a sweets sushi roll where instead of sea weed its fruit roll ups and the rice part is rice crispy treat and the fish is gummie bears. The flavors on it were different colored fruit roll ups cut to shape.
I like that idea. I am writing this one down to add to the list. I knew this was a great place to come for ideas. Keep them coming.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Top Dog

What about looking up Chinese New Year type decorations? Those strike me as "grown up" dragons.

We make "cascarones" (confetti eggs) during Spanish Fiesta days in Santa Barbara. They're all decorated fancy and filled with confetti before gluing tissue paper on them. Then you sneak up on someone and smash them on their heads Call them dragon eggs. It might be fun to have the girls decorate them and then sneak attack each other. Is that too childish? We all did it in high school, but it was tradition in town.

Here's "Dragon's Eye Brew"

When I think of high school parties, it was just a lot of food, movies, and music. If you have those bases covered, you should be good
Old 02-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Top Dog

This site has a lot of neat ideas!

http://www.karaspartyideas.com/category/dragon-party

I love the desserts in the fancy glasses!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:27 PM
PSD Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTerp07 View Post
What about looking up Chinese New Year type decorations? Those strike me as "grown up" dragons.

We make "cascarones" (confetti eggs) during Spanish Fiesta days in Santa Barbara. They're all decorated fancy and filled with confetti before gluing tissue paper on them. Then you sneak up on someone and smash them on their heads Call them dragon eggs. It might be fun to have the girls decorate them and then sneak attack each other. Is that too childish? We all did it in high school, but it was tradition in town.

Here's "Dragon's Eye Brew"

When I think of high school parties, it was just a lot of food, movies, and music. If you have those bases covered, you should be good
Those confetti eggs would be a cool craft project for them to do. The dragons eye brew she would see as too haloweenish. I know a typical teen party would be pizza, movie, music but my daughter remembers very fondly the theme parties I did and since this will be her first birthday party since the last one she had with me she is really hoping I could do my usual and not something that is typical. Does that make sense?

We think we have the food covered(other then the cake). I just have to run the idea by her. I found a site for viking food recipes. So I thought it might be cool for her to have some authentic viking food there. JUst need to hear back from her on whether she likes that idea. WHat do you guys think of that?