Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Does your dog get you up? When?
My dog is my alarm clock! 7 10.45%
My dog usually wakes me up, but not always. 11 16.42%
My dog wakes up when I wake up. 37 55.22%
S/He's not a "morning dog". 20 29.85%
before 4a 0 0%
4-6a 6 8.96%
6-8a 12 17.91%
8-10a 10 14.93%
after 10a 11 16.42%
Bacon and eggs with coffee! 5 7.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Glutton for Crazy

lol She'll flop on her side on your chest and paw at you like a cat (in the face) while cobra lick kissing. It's... traumatic. Denis laughs though and thinks its sweet, we disagree.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:16 PM
Top Dog

Zander generally doesn't get up unless it's past 11am. If I'm still sleeping, he'll happily sleep with me. If we happen to get up before 10am, he is not budging.

Lazy dog is lazy.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Top Dog

Gavroche won't get up until I get up, and even then he usually stays in bed...unless food is involved, then he'll get up, eat, and go back to bed.

Logan will wake me up if it's a sleep-in day - he'll usually wake me around 11ish. Sometimes it's 10. But when he decides it's time to get up, he means it. He does everything in his power to get me out of bed. BUT, if I tell him to STFU and go back to sleep...he will. Sometimes, very rarely, he can convince Gavroche it's time to get up, and then the two of them team up to wake me

When I get up early for work the dogs go to their crates and go right back to sleep. Gavroche absolutely REFUSES to go outside at such an ungodly hour
Old 02-05-2013, 01:25 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
lol She'll flop on her side on your chest and paw at you like a cat (in the face) while cobra lick kissing. It's... traumatic. Denis laughs though and thinks its sweet, we disagree.
Ugh. Ken thinks all of Crossbone's wake-up tactics are the cutest thing in the world. Then he scolds me for yelling at the dog!

Crossbone has recently started grabbing and pulling the blankets off of us. Ken thought it was adorable and cute --- until Crossbone tore the blankets off of us when we were....being intimate and grabbed right ahold of K's balls! Now I thought THAT was funny...Ken, not so much.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-05-2013, 01:29 PM
Glutton for Crazy

OMG hahahaha that is too funny.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Bodhi is like a log, and will sleep till whenever we do.

Fred on the other hand stirs as soon as he hears an alarm and whines to be let out grrr. If there's no alarm, he'll wake up about 8.30 needing a wee.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 02-05-2013, 01:59 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I voted "my dog wakes up when I wake up" and for the most part that's true, but not always. A lot of times I wake up and Chloe doesn't even stir. She'll get up when my sister gets up (I get up to go to work at 5:30 in the morning so I don't blame her!!) instead.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Pirate would probably let me sleep. Tess is evil. Sometimes I have to get up really early (3:30), and in that case, she wakes up when the alarm goes off, and is actually pretty helpful about making me wake up. I might not, without her. On days when I don't have to get up that early, she generally wakes me at 8. And I don't know why 8, there's never been anything significant about that time, but it's when she thinks I should get up. Sometimes a bit earlier (I picked "6-8" in the poll).

When she wants to wake me, first she licks my face. If that's not working, she'll knock the covers off and lick any other skin she can find. Or, she'll go stand in the living room and bark. One morning, that wasn't working, I really didn't want to get up, so I was laying there snuggling with Pirate. Tess got Pirate's ball, which she doesn't usually do anything with, and started ostentatiously playing with it at the foot of the bed. Pi stopped snuggling and went to rescue his ball, and Tess went back to pawing at me. I got Pi to come back and snuggle some more, and Tess repeated her Pirate distraction.

She is evil.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Love My Mutt <3

If I go downstairs too early, rosey stares at me wishing my death.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-05-2013, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Lucy used to be awful, because I used to walk her every day before work (yay apartment living). That meant that every day, regardless of weekend, holiday, sick day status, she'd be jumping on my face at 6 am, ready to go out.

Now that the morning walks have lazily been phased out, she is pretty good about jumping up in bed with us at 6 am. Around 7 she usually starts whining and pacing to go out. She has never slept in past 8, no matter how late we are up the night before.