Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

View Poll Results: Does your dog get you up? When?
My dog is my alarm clock! 7 10.45%
My dog usually wakes me up, but not always. 11 16.42%
My dog wakes up when I wake up. 37 55.22%
S/He's not a "morning dog". 20 29.85%
before 4a 0 0%
4-6a 6 8.96%
6-8a 12 17.91%
8-10a 10 14.93%
after 10a 11 16.42%
Bacon and eggs with coffee! 5 7.46%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

they might be sitting and staring at me, but they don't do much till I get up.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
...or gets really close and stares.
Before we had the girls on tie down at night Mu would do this ALL THE TIME. Nothing like waking up and seeing a very intent mini cattle dog trying to mind control you. So creepy.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Mine are awake before I am, but nobody pesters me. Auggie has long since learned his lesson about not waking me up and Payton was always really good about it, honestly. Even baby Payton would be in his crate shuffling around a bit and chewing his dragon, staring at me (and I'd be laying there with my eyes squeezed shut going "Don't let him know you're awake... don't let him know you're awake...") but not making a fuss.
Unless you count Payton's "snuggling" that he now likes to do.
Or what I call his parrot impression.
"Oh hai mommy. I looooooove you. Let me just sprawl out across your back and place my head right next to your face. But shhhhhh I'm just laying here. Just laying here. Loooooove yooooou..."

But that only happens on the weekends, and I don't really mind because I've already slept in at that point, and we do usually snuggle and such in the mornings for a bit. So after he lurks around pretending he's a parrot I roll over and grab him and rub his belly, snuggle up on Auggie some, and poor Pepper is in her crate going "Hey! But I'M the one who likes to snuggle!!"

Georgie tried to wake me up the first night she had sleepover with me. I told her to knock it off and we had no issues after that. She routinely wakes up my mom though (because she knows fussing works on my mom.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Completely depends on the day!

Sometimes BF is up as early as 6am because he doesn't sleep well, and he showers and lets the dogs out then re-crates them until I wake up.

Sometimes I have to get up for work at 8 and they all go out then and our day begins.

Sometimes we sleep in until 10am and the dogs wake us up around 10 or 11 when THEY GOTTA GO.

I like it when BF is up at 6, because that means I can hog the bed and sleep in until noon, because he's taking care of the dogs, which ONLY happens if I'm gone or sleeping. XD

ETA; Frag will sleep until 3pm if I let him, so I have to drag him out of bed for breakfast/potty. Sir will usually sleep until noon if we do, then he'll start his shrieking because he's gotta go. Recon is usually the culprit of barking to go potty around 9:30 or 10.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm

Last edited by DJEtzel; 02-05-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:43 AM
Top Dog

I have to drag Zinga out of bed to go potty in the mornings and if I don't put a gate up, she runs all the way back downstairs just to go back to sleep on the bed.

Zuma is pretty much the same way, but if she has to potty, she'll lay on top of me and just stare until I let her out. After that, she's perfectly content to go right back to sleep.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-05-2013, 09:57 AM
orange iguanas.

They get up when I get up.

Juno doesn't do mornings - she'll run upstairs and be excited to eat and go potty, but then she comes back inside and goes right to bed.

Happy used to wake me up at 5am. I threw a pillow at her a couple times and now that's no longer an issue. I'm not sure how long she'd sleep but we always have them up by 7am and she makes it till then at least. She's kind of frisky in the morning too, that's the only time of day we can get any sort of playing out of her.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Bite Club

Riley is the alarm clock around here - he is usually up between 6 and 7am. He drinks a lot of water and 8 hours is usually his max. Big dog, small bladder And if he doesn't have to go, he is still up when it gets light out.

Weekdays my hubby is up at 5:30am so he lets the dogs out and puts them back in their crates until I get up - I put in my earplugs at this time because Riley will still start whining around 7am or so just by habit and because he's annoying.

Aura is usually a quiet perfect angel.

~Aura & Riley~
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM
SBT Lover!!

Saxon HATES mornings. When we have to wake up early, he grumbles and sighs and tries to stay in bed. We literally have to pick him up to get him out of bed. Then he stands there blinking and glaring at us. He's like me when I was a teenager.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatStina View Post
Saxon HATES mornings. When we have to wake up early, he grumbles and sighs and tries to stay in bed. We literally have to pick him up to get him out of bed. Then he stands there blinking and glaring at us. He's like me when I was a teenager.
Penny is SO much like this. She thinks mornings were created by the devil to torture her. We have agility at 9AM on Sundays and I swear, it takes her 45 minutes to wake up once we get there ahaha

For example, it's currently 12:22PM and she's asleep on my lap.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:34 AM
SBT Lover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
For example, it's currently 12:22PM and she's asleep on my lap.
It's 11:30 here and Saxon's asleep in bed. :P He begrudgingly got up for breakfast and walkies, but then it's back to bed!