Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Grooming Forum

Old 02-03-2013, 11:06 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

Jones gets a weekly bath right now. He's still in puppy coat, so it might change as he get's older, but he too gets disgustingly filthy from being out and about.

I use conditioner every time (I also use Earthbath or BuddyWash diluted) and save the shampoo (which is an oatmeal shampoo as well) for every other week. I don't want to dry his skin out really, his coat is fantastic, but the skin is what I worry about. So far it's working, and he still hates baths, lol, but he has to have them or he's too gross for words
Old 03-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Original Twin

The Buddy was spray in conditioners smell AMAZING and the scent lasts really well AND isn't cloying. Nico has the green tea and bergamot and Saga has the lavender mint.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Active Pup

my little girl take a bath twice a week, and use shampoo with moisturizer.
Sometimes, when she's so messy and since we sleep together I just wipe and clean her with wet towel. I was thinking i might dry her skin from frequent bath.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:10 PM
Active Pup

I think it is very important to use a gentle dog shampoo. You can check his skin condition in between bathing as well to make sure that here is no flaky appearance or no agitated redness anyway beneath his coat.
Old 06-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Puppy Dog

If you're using a dog shampoo (which I presume you are), especially one 'for sensitive skin', it's no problem. The problem we encounter is when you bathe too often with harsh shampoo and it starts irritating the skin/depriving the skin of its natural oils.
As long as you're not doing a super-intense bath, and using sensitive shampoo (or diluted shampoo), I would say it's fine. If your dog starts itching/acting irritated, it's probably scouring his skin too much and you may want to cut back.

Proud Mum of a beautiful Lab girl, Mollie <3