Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Dog Breeds

Old 02-22-2013, 09:38 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Dying to know now ..what is the average cost of Koolie (including plane ticket ahah)?! PS I'm expecting something outrageous so don't disappoint me!!
Koolies themselves don't tend to be expensive overall, 400-700 AUD I would think. I payed 350 for Traveler and 400 AUD for Didgie (Price went up because vet visit prices went up).

From Australia Traveler cost me 1800 USD shipping so 2100 USD all together. Didgie and Zinga together was 2600 AUD for just the shipping and Zip and his sister was just a bit over that too I believe.

I would imagine for a single puppy it would be over 2000 AUD by now for just shipping but don't know how much over for sure. It would change depending on where in Australian and were in the US. And what the currency exchange is at that moment.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Vizsla mom

Oh, that's not so bad! Penny cost me $1,500 and we were close enough to drive to get her so only about $150 in travel costs. If we had to fly her in, would have made her significantly more expensive!

Edit- don't get me wrong, it's expensive but Australia is an expensive flight so I just assumed the pups were closely matched to that.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:49 AM
Glutton for Crazy

I will be very interested in what they proceed to cost here. That is very low, not considering the plane which is high.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:52 AM
Vizsla mom

Are people breeding Koolies in America? I see them instantly being an expensive breed up around the price we paid for Penn. Her parents came from Hungary& Australia so I guess we help pay for the breeder's expenses
Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Are people breeding Koolies in America? I see them instantly being an expensive breed up around the price we paid for Penn. Her parents came from Hungary& Australia so I guess we help pay for the breeder's expenses
There is a breeder in Texas but I'm not sure if she's still breeding anymore. And hopefully in a few years, if all goes right and our dogs turn out Sara and I can be added to the list
Old 02-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Vizsla mom

That will be interesting to see! I would love to meet one but the chances of that happening in the near or far future are most likely slim to none. If you guys start breeding, I'll take one off your hands!
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
I would suggest a Koolie, but perhaps too friendly and energetic? My Kelpie would fit your criteria but he's the only Kelpie I know personally (I only know three) that would. He's aloof but social. He has good energy - can hike and run with me but doesn't "need" to do anything as he'll entertain himself for HOURS. Literally. He's quite independent though and while very, very affectionate, not at all a velcro dog...hmmmmm....
Koolies are uber-outgoing and barky. Otherwise they fit. But to be honest they aren't barkier than a collie.

Last edited by SaraB; 02-22-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
I will be very interested in what they proceed to cost here. That is very low, not considering the plane which is high.
I haven't even begun to think about that. However, our dogs will be health tested as well as trialed/titled, so there is always that to factor in. I am very much not in the mindset that we need to recoup our costs or anything, so I can't imagine the price will be outrageous.

It was $2700 to ship both Zip Tie and his sister this time around. Again, the puppies themselves were $500, so not expensive. Shipping went up but the exchange rate was much more favorable this time, so it kind of evened out.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:47 AM
Top Dog

My friend's Koolie from a Avalon Coolies in Canada was $400, so not very expensive at all. Seems like it's just the shipping costs that make them pricey!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Mountain Dawg

One of my FB friends currently has a litter of Koolies on the ground (just born 4 days ago!) I believe she's located in Texas? Ida (of Yata Hae Coolies) did not breed this litter but they're from her lines. I haven't asked what she charges for her pups, though.