Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 02-04-2013, 11:23 AM
such sights to show you

Also if you still have your cat you can reuse the baggies for litter box waste after the food's been used.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

I've never had an issue with them leaking either... and I THOUGHT I had quart sizes.. maybe not? What size is a standard sandwich bag?

I usually get a back and a thigh in there and there's barely enough room for a chicken neck, and usually that doesn't equal a pound and Frag's getting a pound per feeding..

eta; Nope, BF took the cat in the split.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 02-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Puppy Dog

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
For storage in the freezer, I use either gallon sized baggies Or the 2 gallon baggies. I will also reuse the bags, just turn them inside out and clean. Depending on the shape, you can also use the shoe box totes, depending on the size and shape of what you are freezing for your guys.

I usually end up stocking up on the gallon baggies when Meijers has them on sale. Or I will get the 2 gallon baggies. Stuff a couple days worth of foods into a baggie, and when its empty, I will wash it out and reuse it. All the dog/cat food goes into a 5 gallon (I think) tote in the fridge. That way its all contained and I dont' have to worry about any leakage or anyone smelling it.
When I start ordering the bulk (we are on the same FB feeding list) I've thought about using the shoe box totes for the boys in the fridge, IF I can get them in color.

Hello DJEtzel,
Very nice...
The easiest way is what Jefflough is doing with Ziplocks.

I don't even do that, 3 days in the freezer in disposable sandwich bags that fold over does the trick.

We all know that the way cats/dogs are put together that even this is not necessary.
We, and holistic veterinarians have to keep on reminding the AVMA, AAHA and unethical vets about this.

Nice job,
Roger Biduk
Old 02-07-2013, 12:46 PM
love the fluff

I use both ziplock's and plastic containers. Not a whole lot of organazation here, and nothing is weighed. I eyeball everything.