Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM
orange iguanas.

Oh God yes.

Juno is impossible to get away from. "You're not coming in the bathroom with me!!" is a phrase used multiple times a day, as I shut the door in her face. Or if I'm going up/down the stairs a lot, sometimes I just put her in a stay or behind a gate so she doesn't follow me up and down 100 times and get in the way.

Happy is starting to follow me everywhere. One of the perks of her being deaf is that I can easily sneak away when she's sleeping lol. The worst is if I am in the kitchen or if she even thinks I have food in my hand... then she definitely becomes my shadow and literally touches me with her body and trots around following me. She follows me up and down the stairs too, which makes me feel bad because she is still kind of awkward about using the stairs.

She has not joined me in the bathroom yet, though.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006
Old 02-01-2013, 09:29 PM
Glutton for Crazy

For fudge sake I am consistently tripping on them.

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 02-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Top Dog

Somewhat, but they aren't obsessive about it. I tend to be here on the computer a lot when I'm at home, and they frequently go sleep on my bed, which is in the next room. I could go to the kitchen or bathroom, and if I'm relatively quick, they probably won't come check. If I'm doing something dangerous like taking a shower, though, they'll come supervise. Or if they're already up and in the room with me, they'll come with me if I leave.
Old 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Resident fainting goat

Yup. I joke that it doesn't matter that I live in a tiny studio because Merlin is never more than 10 inches away from my ankles REGARDLESS
Old 02-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Top Dog

AHH yes. I can't go anywhere in the house with out Ivan. UNLESS I lock him up. I can't even twitch with out him jumping up and checking on me. About the only time he isn't touching me, is when he is up to no good. Apparently standing on the hind legs to see what "might" be on the counter is not being on the counter. The smartass.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

It's about 50/50 with Henry. He has places in the house where he likes to relax and be able to see most of the action. So sometimes he'll just watch you go down the hall to the bathroom and not investigate. However, a lot of the time he is following us around in his supervisory role. I guess it depends on his mood? He's always in the kitchen when I'm cooking, and he frequently pokes his head in the bathroom to check on me.

When we lived in our apartment, which had carpet everywhere, he was a little more apt to follow us and lay down watching within a few feet. Now we are in our house, which is mostly hardwood and tile, so he's more likely to stay on the couch or his other comfy spots.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

Both of mine tend to be in the room that I am in, but will settle down in their own spot in that room. If my mother is home, Gusto will sometimes go hang out with her. Neither is horribly under my feet, but both like to be close. And if I sit down anywhere but the computer chair, one or both is going to be on my lap (or shoulders or head).

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Not unless it looks like I am going to do something. Our apartment is so dinky that I think he's figured out that it's not worth it.

When I start saying I am going to bed Frodo will run ahead and plant himself in the bedroom. I think this is a byproduct of being accidentally closed out of the bedroom a couple nights

Siri picture taken by Linds.

Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:01 PM
Top Dog

Well, Jackson is not up my butt all day long, but he does prefer to have his eye on me or know where I am. Not necessarily close though - he's not a real cuddler, except at night, he often curls up against my legs or my body in someway. But he's the kind of dog that if you move too much for him, he gets up and moves to another spot, LOL. Brat. So basically he lays somewhere in eye's view, but never at my feet, or anything like that. And he never bothers to follow me into the bathroom.

But if we're separated by something (i.e. a gate or a fence) he freaks out and wants to be right where I am. But once I'm in there, he acts like he could care less about me... haha. I guess he's a little conflicted.

Brit & Jackson

Old 02-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Play that funky music.

Shadow just likes to sleep all day.

Copper likes to be in the same room, but isn't up your ass.

Embyr will sometimes follow you around, mostly does her own thing.

Deke and Bloo are both up your butt. They're funny.