Do your dogs follow you around?

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Oh God yes.

Juno is impossible to get away from. "You're not coming in the bathroom with me!!" is a phrase used multiple times a day, as I shut the door in her face. Or if I'm going up/down the stairs a lot, sometimes I just put her in a stay or behind a gate so she doesn't follow me up and down 100 times and get in the way.

Happy is starting to follow me everywhere. One of the perks of her being deaf is that I can easily sneak away when she's sleeping lol. The worst is if I am in the kitchen or if she even thinks I have food in my hand... then she definitely becomes my shadow and literally touches me with her body and trots around following me. She follows me up and down the stairs too, which makes me feel bad because she is still kind of awkward about using the stairs.

She has not joined me in the bathroom yet, though.

Flyinsbt

Somewhat, but they aren't obsessive about it. I tend to be here on the computer a lot when I'm at home, and they frequently go sleep on my bed, which is in the next room. I could go to the kitchen or bathroom, and if I'm relatively quick, they probably won't come check. If I'm doing something dangerous like taking a shower, though, they'll come supervise. Or if they're already up and in the room with me, they'll come with me if I leave.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Yup. I joke that it doesn't matter that I live in a tiny studio because Merlin is never more than 10 inches away from my ankles REGARDLESS :rofl1:

Gypsydals

AHH yes. I can't go anywhere in the house with out Ivan. UNLESS I lock him up. I can't even twitch with out him jumping up and checking on me. About the only time he isn't touching me, is when he is up to no good. Apparently standing on the hind legs to see what "might" be on the counter is not being on the counter. The smartass.

Torch

It's about 50/50 with Henry. He has places in the house where he likes to relax and be able to see most of the action. So sometimes he'll just watch you go down the hall to the bathroom and not investigate. However, a lot of the time he is following us around in his supervisory role. I guess it depends on his mood? He's always in the kitchen when I'm cooking, and he frequently pokes his head in the bathroom to check on me.

When we lived in our apartment, which had carpet everywhere, he was a little more apt to follow us and lay down watching within a few feet. Now we are in our house, which is mostly hardwood and tile, so he's more likely to stay on the couch or his other comfy spots.

BostonBanker

Both of mine tend to be in the room that I am in, but will settle down in their own spot in that room. If my mother is home, Gusto will sometimes go hang out with her. Neither is horribly under my feet, but both like to be close. And if I sit down anywhere but the computer chair, one or both is going to be on my lap (or shoulders or head).

PWCorgi

Priscilla Winifred Corgi
Not unless it looks like I am going to do something. Our apartment is so dinky that I think he's figured out that it's not worth it.

When I start saying I am going to bed Frodo will run ahead and plant himself in the bedroom. I think this is a byproduct of being accidentally closed out of the bedroom a couple nights :p

JacksonsMom

Well, Jackson is not up my butt all day long, but he does prefer to have his eye on me or know where I am. Not necessarily close though - he's not a real cuddler, except at night, he often curls up against my legs or my body in someway. But he's the kind of dog that if you move too much for him, he gets up and moves to another spot, LOL. Brat. So basically he lays somewhere in eye's view, but never at my feet, or anything like that. And he never bothers to follow me into the bathroom.

But if we're separated by something (i.e. a gate or a fence) he freaks out and wants to be right where I am. But once I'm in there, he acts like he could care less about me... haha. I guess he's a little conflicted.

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE
Shadow just likes to sleep all day.

Copper likes to be in the same room, but isn't up your ass.

Embyr will sometimes follow you around, mostly does her own thing.

Deke and Bloo are both up your butt. They're funny.

Equinox

No, and I have a German Shepherd Dog. Notorious "velcro" breed. MY DOG IS BROKEN.

:lol-sign: Really, he just likes to know where I am. If he hasn't seen me for a while (within one to three hours?) he'll look the house until he finds me. Then, he'll either cuddle up for a bit or lay down a few feet away. Sometimes he'll get up and leave altogether if he's pretty sure I'm not going to spontaneously combust. If I go from room to room, he won't follow.

yoko

Yoshi is always within eye contact with me. If we go out off leash she'll run off but she'll never go where she can't see me.

When people talk about their alone bathroom time I don't even remember what that is lol.

If I'm in the shower Yoshi is on the floor in front of the shower. If I'm in the tub she lays against the tub or sits there with her chin on the lip of the tub watching me.

This is her normal surveillance post. She likes it because the second I get up she's ready to go.

Crystal likes being in the same room, but once she gets comfortable she isn't getting up for anyone. :p She'll check on you every few hours or so, though, since that is when she tends to wake up from her naps. She likes to know where you are, but it isn't really mandatory for her.

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Moses doesn't, but sometimes he does.

Cali is the queen of creeping outside bathroom doors and casually stalking everyone around the house. I'd like to think I'm "special" but she honestly follows just about everybody who enters the house around. She's the ultimate velcro dog and doesn't limit herself to just my mom or me. :p

Dekka

Just try me..
I haven't been able to be alone in years lol. Back when I was living on the farm they all followed me everywhere, with the occasional exception of Kaiden.

Dekka will struggle if someone is holding her (where she was previously happy) if I stand up to 'maybe' go somewhere and the person doesn't instantly release her. Dekka if she is feeling particullary needy will stand on the edge of the tub and watch me shower around the curtain. Its more funny than creepy though cause she has 'sad face' from getting wet. I tell her no one is forcing her to stand in the shower spray..

Sometimes. When Luna is in her play mode she pretty much ignores me :rofl1: and does her own thing but when she's calm and just her she does. ;)

neko48604

My dog neko will follow me every where its crazy. If I let him outside and my bf lets him in then he will start looking around the house till he finds me. Or anytime im in the bathroom getting ready he sit there and crys.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Artimis is almost always near me, but if I'm doing something "horrible" like showering or playing with the demon dog (aka Talon) he want's nothing to do with it and lays under the covers on the bed to pout. lol

Talon is usually in the room somewhere causing trouble. But he doesn't seem to really care enough to keep tabs on me, its more because I have to keep tabs on him lol

Members online

No members online now.