Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-31-2013, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

Jin and I first met in...middle school. I was 12 and in 7th grade at the time. He was 15 and in 8th. We had a few class blocks like Gym and Study Hall together, but for the majority of that school year we didn't give much thought to each other. It was a rough year for me, some typical growing pains mixed with my mom's bi-polar husband, and then he went missing in March of that year. At some point during school we had the Jump Rope for Heart marathon going on, and I rocked it. Afterwards, a random guy came up to me teasing about how he'll beat me next time and surely it was just a fluke I won that time. And, that was how we met, really.

Eventually we just started talking at every given moment. Constantly during gym, during study hall we would pass letters, in the halls and at lunch. I did most of the talking, I guess, which was a bit odd because I was a shy kid. He was always there, ready to listen and cheer me up by talking about his weird dreams and typical teenage boy stunts. I found it hard to believe there was "normal" at that point in my life, but he definitely made me feel completely normal and down to earth. I wasn't free floating anymore. And even when they eventually found Paul in the lake, Jin continued to be my rock. (Fun fact, this is when Zander came into my life as well).

Then the school year ended, and I shut everything out again. My mom was already dating a new guy and things at home slowly got worse. I wasn't allowed to go out, and my phone calls were limited. But instead of trying to take what I could get, I shut down completely. I refused to talk to any of my friends, I ignored all of his calls, and for the next two years, I did nothing more than eat, sleep, and go to school. And then in my 9th grade year, I didn't even go to school. I homeschooled.

I'm not sure what the switch was. Maybe I grew up, maybe I matured, maybe I just needed time to work on me before dealing with other people. But I actually went out of my way to look him up on Myspace one day(after 2 or 3 years), and then spent the next TWO WEEKS debating whether or not I should message him. I figured he would hate me, be pissed off and never want to talk to me again. But I figured the best I could do was apologize.

And the rest is history. He was living in Phoenix by then, but he moved to Southaven so we could attempt some sort of a regular relationship. Three years later, in February of 2011, I moved out of my mom's house and we got married.

There's a lot of in-between filler, of course, but that's about the gist of it.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Top Dog

high school.......band.....lame, but we've been together for 8 years, so something must be working out.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 01-31-2013, 06:01 PM
Twin 2.0

I work with/am mutual friends with the guy who introduced me to my current SO. We had gone out for a hungover brunch the night after a Halloween party and my friend had brought along his friend who had just moved to Denver. We ended up chatting some that day but I didn't think much of it. The next my friend tells me his friend, George, thinks I'm awesome and wants to take me out to lunch. I said what the hell, sure. Wasn't looking for anything remotely resembling dating or anything because I had just decided that emotions were useless, pointless and I wasn't cut out for relationships or monogamy. Those were stupid things I wanted no part of and I let him know that during that lunch.

Apparently he took it as a personal challenge to change my mind.

He succeeded.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Top Dog

We were in college. My first semester, he was the TA in my math class. I thought he was cute, but I was dating someone else and really...he was the TA. The next semester, we had to partner up on the first day of class. I looked around the room for a familiar face and his was the only one I recognized. We finally placed each other, and agreed to work on the project together.

The next class, I broke into a cold sweat and nearly had a panic attack when I realized I had forgotten my homework. ME! Miss goody two-shoes, 100%, A+ student forgot the first homework assignment of the year. He let me copy his (first and only time I ever copied anything!) We became "study buddies", and I began feeding him with my dining hall dollars, lol. This probably lasted a month, and he STILL had no clue I liked him.

Finally, his roommates convinced him to throw a party and invite me over. They cleaned the whole apartment for him, and I showed up. We both had a beer or two, he kissed me, I broke up with the prior boyfriend the next day and we got engaged about a year later. Married 5 years this June.

Engagement picture
Old 01-31-2013, 06:17 PM
Rude and Not Ginger

We met in High School. At first we really didn't like each other. I thought he was cute, but a jerk, and that he had a girlfriend. We had a literature class together, and we would compete to see who got better grades/done with the work first.

After a few months, I realized that he wasn't with anyone, and we both had mutual friends in common. I think the turning point of my being attracted to him was halloween. He liked my costume (I was HP ) and his was very good looking on him lol.

We really started hanging out right after Thanksgiving and he asked me out about a week later. Of course I said yes, and the rest is sort of history. We've been together for a little over seven years now. Married for nearly two.

Here's our picture the day we got married.

We went a bit non traditional lol
Old 01-31-2013, 06:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Yeah I have to admit, I had to pursue aggressively.

Now I have my own helper.
*OT*

This is my goal. Apparently, in my area of Washington state though, men are wimps and large dogs who do bitework scare them. LOL

Carry on with the love stories......

I don't have a SO at the moment, actually really haven't dated seriously in 7 years. My first 2 were both really good friends....obviously it wasn't meant to be with either.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

I suck and did not post pictures!

swoon by chance1191, on Flickr

One of my favorites. This was snapped right as we came out of the church.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:57 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Ryan and I met right here on Chazhound
His username is 96GTS and he lurks, but rarely posts.

Um...pictures....

This was from our first car show together like...4 years ago?

This is the most recent picture I have of us together:

We have Frodo. Next to us is Megan (SpringerLover) with baby Zinga and her SO, and SaraB's SO with Zuma.

Oh, can't forget THIS beauty! I think this is going to be our wedding invite picture, definitely.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 01-31-2013, 09:41 PM
Obey the Toad.

DH and I met at this quirky little coffee house that we frequented. They had a TV and VCR and we were settling down to watch Akira, and he introduced himself and asked if he could use me as a pillow. He laid his head in my lap and we talked for hours, completely missing the movie. We kept meeting up there for about a week, then went on our first date and the rest is history. We've been together 13 years this March and will be married 10 years in May.

I still don't think either of us has actually sat down and watched Akira-lol.

~Christina--Mom to:
Sally--8 yr old pit bull mix
Jack--6 yr old Labrador
Sadie & Runt--12 yr old calico DSHs
Pickles & Kiwi--3 yr old white winged parakeets
Yoda--1 yr old Quaker parrot
Solo--12 yr old Senegal parrot
Sheena--Quarter Horse--3/24/86-6/23/11--Rest Easy Sweet Girl~

Labs do it in the lake.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Ryan and I met right here on Chazhound
His username is 96GTS and he lurks, but rarely posts.

Um...pictures....

This was from our first car show together like...4 years ago?

This is the most recent picture I have of us together:

We have Frodo. Next to us is Megan (SpringerLover) with baby Zinga and her SO, and SaraB's SO with Zuma.

Oh, can't forget THIS beauty! I think this is going to be our wedding invite picture, definitely.
LOL, at all of this! Also, I miss that trip a lot now!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years