Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM
Top Dog

I met my husband when I was buying tires for my car at the mechanic shop he worked at. He liked my car and we got to talking about that. I was dating someone else at the time and ended up breaking up with him to date Tim instead. That was 7 years ago. We have been married for 2 years.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 PM
Kotah BEAR

Aw I love reading these kinds of stories. And I love everyones pictures <3
Old 01-31-2013, 02:58 PM
Glutton for Crazy

The first Halloween we began flirting at.

Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:51 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

We met online.

We usually say "in a hockey chat room" because that is the short and sweet easy version lol. but the story actually goes like this....

I was between jobs. My one job ended and I had a week before my new job started. I was getting bored so I was searching around on the yahoo messenger thing and decided to look for goalies (LOL I kind of have a thing for goalies and always knew I would marry one haha). HIs name popped up and showed he was online so I sent him a message. NOTHING. So I was like FINE... JERK lol how RUDE.

2 weeks later this message popped up on my messenger from someone I didn't know but he was acting like he knew me or we had talked before. it took me a bit to remember who he was lol and that he was the jerk that never responded to me. turns out he was out int he field for 2 weeks doing some of his army training so he was not online at the time even though yahoo said he was.

From that point we talked online everyday, we talked on the phone everyday for hours, we would chat on the webcam, and after a couple of months he decided to come up for a visit for the weekend. When he left after that visit it was HORRIBLE being away from him. that was in July. I moved down here September 21st lol and we were married one year later on August 22nd.

This august will mark 8 years of marriage for us and it just keeps getting better.

(photo from our most recent trip to Disney.... being photobombed by our favorite photopass guy Alex lol)

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 01-31-2013, 04:59 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

No photos of just the two of us that I have on this computer (I'm sure my mom has some), but this is my favorite photo ever:

Me and all of my loved ones, minus the dogs and my parents. From left to right, back:
Wesley (my younger brother), me, Mike, Jacob (my older brother), his girlfriend Bre, then LR front is my youngest sister, Melanie, and my younger sister, JeanAnne.

And I love this picture, too, because it is Mike (clean shaven! *swoons*) talking with my dad and my brother. I make an appearance on the couch in the corner, so it counts. :P

Old 01-31-2013, 05:02 PM
Bite me.

Training. Is there anything else?

My DH came out to my schutzhund club to join, 14 years ago. We've been married for 11 years in 2013.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliraptor View Post
Training. Is there anything else?

My DH came out to my schutzhund club to join, 14 years ago. We've been married for 11 years in 2013.
I've been TRYING to pick up guys this way. Except most of the people who train around here are women.
*flips table*

I was just thinking the other day about when I was in a hotel and was taking Auggie down to potty and almost ran into a guy with two border collies, and after we apologized for almost plowing into each other, I said "Are you here for agility?" And after the fact I was like "HA 'are you here for agility' is apparently my pick up line." (He was not in fact there for agility. BOO.)

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-31-2013, 05:16 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Yeah, I brought Denis out to train and women everywhere were/are like OMG YOUNG STRAIGHT GUY WHO DOES DOG STUFF!? lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Bite me.

Yeah I have to admit, I had to pursue aggressively.

Now I have my own helper.
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

At work. I had been working there for about a month and I was throwing boxes in the back and a group of LP trainee's where being shown around. Of course I didn't notice them walk in and I was leaning over waving my butt at them. Heard them, turned around, and about died. HAHA

I honestly didn't even notice David, until we had lunch together in the break room. Got to talking, of course about dogs lol I think that was truly it for us. He handed me a cute little paper note folded into a triangle as I was leaving that basically asked me out. I thought it was super cute and cheesy, so despite me being antisocial I went out with him and that was it.

Been together for 5 years

Ok and a bad pic just cause