Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-31-2013, 01:15 PM
Chihuahua Power!

I've known my husband since he was 15, and I was 16.

We both worked at Publix and never really talked to each other. One of my friends had a crush on him, and was constantly trying to get me to set them up.

Anyway, I think he was annoyed by me for that reason! He didn't like my friend, so things never happened.

When he turned 16 (and I was 17), he had an Acura Integra. I had a Honda Civic, so we both had Hondas. I liked him and figured talking about our similar cars was a good jumping off point. I gave him my number, and we talked on the phone until the middle of the night. We went on our first date to go see Old School, and the rest was history.

Monteverde by InLimbo87, on Flickr

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-31-2013, 01:21 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Shamelessly copied from a previous thread on the subject, but none of it is different (except the ages of the kids, which I've edited), so....

My wife and I were friends in high school. We never dated (she actually liked my best friend, Bob). She moved away during our senior year and we lost touch.

Bob joined the Army out of high school and was stationed in Germany. When Iraq invaded Kuwait (back in the early 90's) he was sent to Saudi Arabia as part of Operation Desert Shield (and then Desert Storm). Unknown to me, the future Mrs. Q had moved back into the area and was in touch with Bob. He sent her a post card from Saudi Arabia. Part of the message said, "Eddie has my address, go get it from him". Since I still lived at home at the time, she knew my house and looked me up. She got the address and invited me over to watch the super bowl at her apartment. We started hanging out together and ultimately fell in love. A couple of years later I asked her to marry me. We've been married 19 years this coming September and have two daughters, 17 and 12 years old. I have Saddam Husein to thank (ok, and Bob, too).

I got Bob back, though. When our oldest was born, I took a second job working as a waiter at an Olive Garden. I sliced my hand pretty badly one night and did some nerve damage. One day while walking with my wife and daughter in the mall we ran into another friend, Jenny. Jenny was friends with another girl that we knew from high school but lost touch with. I asked her if she sees Beth anymore and she said, "Oh, yeah, she works at the walden books over on the boulevard". I commented to Bob a couple of days later that, "Hey, I found out where Beth is. It's right across the street from my hand surgeon. I may stop in and say Hi at my next appointment." Bob went and saw her the next day and took her out for coffee. They've been married almost 15 years now and have 3 kids, one boy (my Godson) and two girls.

We all still get together frequently. Bob and his family, my wife's best and her family (their daughter is my Goddaughter) and our family all take turns hosting a dinner party once a month.

Sorry it's long, but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:27 PM
Top Dog

Matt and I met in college. He knew my sister (they were both in the engineering dept) and we all hung out and partied together. We were friends for 2 years and then started dating and got married a year later.

We'll have been married for five years in July. (Or June? I can never remember. It's a J month.)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-31-2013, 01:41 PM
Top Dog

I met my husband at work. We eventually ended up working together at 3 different companies after that. That was 30 years ago.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:55 PM
Glutton for Crazy

We met in college, we had mutual friends for a while as I was in a sorority and he was pledging a fraternity. I was dating Denis' fraternity brother. We were in the midst of breaking up, he was a stereotypical jerk, and every guy around us was either too afraid of my ex to be seen with me or just as big of an ass, meanwhile I just needed a stable friend. Denis presented that and the rest is history. We have been together five years or so. We don't have an anniversary. I shall hunt down photos of our awkwardly awesomeness.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:04 PM
Sit! Good dog.

I love love stories!

At a free party in some woods lol. Back in our raving days. He bounced up to me in the dance tent and said hello, and that was it. Shared mutual friends, remained friends on facebook etc as we lived hours apart. No intentions of romance, but flirted a lot.

Met up again about 4 years later at a different party, and never looked back. Three years this year. Had our ups and downs recently but he has tried really hard and done things I didn't expect he would (such as getting professional advice, did not see him as the type) and we are good.

Talk about a future and kids...

Not sure anyone else would put up with me and my dogs lol and the fact I'm probably really hard work and he thinks I'm easy! He's so laidback, to my slightly fruit looped.

Most recent pic.

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

Ok, I feel I didn't share enough LOL

We "knew" each other on a GSD forum and I shamelessly stalked Ikie because I was looking for a shepherd to do Schutzhund with. Jason was interested in Dutchies...and we both liked Corgis. He "knew" several of my SchH training club at the time so I invited him out to visit "the club" haha The rest is history...

He moved from TX to MI to be with me and then we both relocated to TN when he got an amazing job offer...quickly followed by my getting a job offer from the same company.

Couple of pics...

This is from our engagement photos. This is my favorite

A random one
Old 01-31-2013, 02:09 PM
Top Dog

Roy and I met about 5 years ago when I was still working for the YMCA (He still does). I was working at a different branch then usual, saw him from across the room, and locked eyes with him. Thankfully, it wasn't creepy. Something clicked and we were interested in each other from that first moment. After a few seconds of staring, he flashed me the biggest grin. I gave him my number and the rest is history.

In April we will have been married 2 years.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:12 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I met Mike through a mutual friend. She was same major/year as me at Purdue, so we ended up sharing all of our core classes junior (and senior) year. We hit it off and became very good friends. Without going into the weird complicated drama details, she and Mike ended up roommates due to their then-relationships coming to not-so-happy endings. So she would tell me all kinds of stories about her roommate, Mike, and he sounded like a pretty neat guy. And I got to meet his dog when I'd stop by to hang out with Amanda, and I liked her, too. :P

Anyways, May of 2011 Amanda had invited me to go see a movie with her. I stopped by the house and Mike answered the door. To hear him tell the story, he became tounge tied and absolutely smitten with me. I don't remember anything notable other than that he said, "Amanda is upstairs." LOL Amanda asked him if he wanted to join us, and he said sure. When we got to the theater and sat down Amanda ran out to talk with someone, so Mike and I were left talking alone until the movie started. We hit it off. A few days later, Amanda text me and said, "Mike wants your number. That okay?"

The rest is history. We've been together almost two years now. Will hopefully be getting married in the next year or so. I'm on my phone currently, so no picture. I'll post one later.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 PM
Top Dog

FG your engagement photos were amazing. They really make me wish we'd gotten some done with Murphy when we got engaged. (Murphy because he was the only dog we had then lol.)

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013