Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-30-2013, 09:50 PM
Sport Model Pug

The last guy I dated was one I worked with. He ended up quitting just after we started going out. He ended up being kinda a dick.

Other than that I've had one other crush in the workplace and have had a few guys crush on me too.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM
Top Dog

Umm.....I'm marrying my co-worker crush in June!

It totally works for us though and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Our job is so stressful and demanding of our time, it's great to have someone you can relate to and who understands that sometimes you will have to be at work for 14 hours or get up in the middle of dinner/the night and go to work.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 01-30-2013, 10:18 PM
SBT Lover!!

Last edited by CatStina; 01-30-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 PM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
Have you had one before - or been on the receiving end of one? (I am asking the latter because I bet there are some great stories...)

How did you handle it?

And am I the only one with this problem?

I currently have a crush on one of my coworkers and it's driving me crazy. The person is definitely not my type -not at all - and I don't get where it's coming from. I almost never have crushes. I can count on one hand the number of crushes that I've had in my life. I'm not even sure when it started.
Oh yeah lol well it's not a "co worker" but we do/did work on the same race track, he is a really good friend of mind, he's Indian (as in native American ) with shoulder length hair ... I still think (even though I am very happily in a relationship ... I'm not dead lol).

I wanted to date him when I was single but the timing was always bad (he was attached when I was single, now he's single but I am attached ... Etc).

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 PM
aka RedHotBabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by noludoru View Post
No offense, Caitlin, but it's kind of understandable. You're adorable.

I can see where it's ridiculously annoying, though. A couple of people at this place have had minor crushes on me that I stopped in their tracks. So far it's been pretty minor - no one has been too bad about it. I just start ignoring them when they act weird around me, and pay attention to them again when they're normal. All this dog training stuff pays off IRL.
THEN HELP ME BE UNADORABLE. I'm obviously failing.

I do the same. If anyone gets too flirty/forward/annoying, I start ignoring them. If they don't get the hint, I can get kind of snarky. There was a guy today who tried to get my attention, and I ignored him at first. Didn't take the hint, so he said hi. I smiled. Then proceeded to say, "Excuse me." Ignored. "Miss. Excuse me." ****. I'm the only female here. I turn around, he introduces himself. I reciprocate. Okay, done. Goes out of his way to say it was nice to meet me as I leave. Great. I have to see this guy three times a week for the next fifteen weeks. Someone please kill me.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post
I'm married to my coworker crush
Me too
Old 01-31-2013, 03:16 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Yes - but a) Happy relationship and b) He turned out to be a total douch. So that wasn't very hard. ^^

For some reason my neighbours have gotten attracted to be. I'd rather have a co-worker have a crush on me, than me neighbour.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:08 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Umm.....I'm marrying my co-worker crush in June!

It totally works for us though and now I wouldn't have it any other way. Our job is so stressful and demanding of our time, it's great to have someone you can relate to and who understands that sometimes you will have to be at work for 14 hours or get up in the middle of dinner/the night and go to work.
This...well, rather we are engaged and then we got jobs in the same place. But the other stuff is oh so true

I mostly attract very young boys that are incredibly immature. I don't know if it's a mommy thing or what but it totally weirds me out!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:31 AM
<----Thanks Allie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Yes, I've been on both ends.

I have a strict policy to never date a co-worker though.
This.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM
Top Dog

Nolu, no, he never pressured me to quit. It was a combination of my other stupid coworkers pressuring me to do something about it (I didn't TELL them, but I guess it was pretty obvious), and me having zero faith in my good judgement/self control.

It was definitely too much of a social situation for work, though. We were all always going out together, drinking, whatever. It wasn't JUST the thing with my boss, there was lots of "don't tell so-and-so we're going out because she's going to try to hook up with X and you-know-who wants to hook up with him", worse than anything I saw in high school. My other boss (the one I was into's partner and best friend) started trying to get us to share a cab home...and after a while one of my coworkers was like "Hey Alex I think if you want to hook up with our boss, you should, he'd totally do it." This was like...a month after his WEDDING.

Then he started asking me if I could stay late (we swapped out the night shift), but he'd show up on time, tipsy, and tell me he needed me to stay because he couldn't be alone with the dogs after drinking. He's end up just going in his office to watch tv or something, so it wasn't like he was staying to hit on me or try anything, but it was just not a good idea.

Basically it just got really uncomfortable. They also offered me a managerial position right before I quit, which would have been good on a resume, but I couldn't deal with it.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com