Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Top Dog

Ugh, not fun or cheap! Jackson had a trip to the dental vet in 2011 and $1500 later... he was fine, but yeah, teeth problems suck!

Good vibes being sent your way. I would probably always get the cleaning if they're going to be under anyway. I just feel like might as well, all the more cleaner they're going to be.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:09 AM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsMom View Post
Good vibes being sent your way. I would probably always get the cleaning if they're going to be under anyway. I just feel like might as well, all the more cleaner they're going to be.
That tooth is usually a big giant pain in the butt to extract though. So for an older dog who's teeth are in fine shape... yeah, I'd just focus on getting that sucker out of there and waking him up. That's just me though, I hate when they're under anesthesia for so long. We had a carnassial extraction a couple weeks ago that took about 2 hours, and I hated it!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmdogtrainingservice View Post
Be careful in leting your Springer loose in wooded area Why well I let my Springer out for a gallop and due to her nature of being a lone hunter and going into a frenzy she disapeared to which I heard he in distress ,in the dark and to my amazement she was caught in a snare or wire around her neck,the snare was set for badgers and lucky for her and me as shes a competition dog the snare was set to only partialy close around her neck.
Ironically-I know I can't let Buzz loose... anywhere. He has a lack-of-recall...
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-31-2013, 12:16 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
That tooth is usually a big giant pain in the butt to extract though. So for an older dog who's teeth are in fine shape... yeah, I'd just focus on getting that sucker out of there and waking him up. That's just me though, I hate when they're under anesthesia for so long. We had a carnassial extraction a couple weeks ago that took about 2 hours, and I hated it!
Pretty much just that. This is "only" the second tooth he's broken. The first was his upper right 3rd incisor. He was barely on Iso by the time that sucker's root was out! (He also didn't get a dental then... he just has GOOD oral health, except for this whole broken tooth thing.)
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 9 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years