Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Food and Recipes

Old 04-22-2006, 04:08 PM
Puppy Dog

Default Pedigree Jumbone

I know it was probably a stupid idea to buy these, but we had given them to our farm dogs years ago and they seemed to like them. Anyways, my sister gave Maddie one for in her crate for the morning to keep her occupied for a bit after she had had her walk and morning food. I took her out and she had a normal poop and seemed to feel fine. I came back in and about a half hour later I noticed a huge loose diarrhea mass in my hallway. She hadn't looked like she was feeling sick at all. I looked at the ingredients and figure that must have caused it, there's nothing good in those treats and many of the ingredients are used as laxatives in people. I got rid of the rest of the ones I had.

I know this was my fault and I should be more vigilant in what I let her eat and chew on. On the other hand, her Innova is really helping with her digestive system, so I'm glad that I figured out that her problem was caused by a stupid chew.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:42 AM
Big Dog

My dog loves Jumbones and she always seems fine after eating them. When we adopted Kovi, the shelter said that it all depends on the particular dog. Some treats will make a dog sick while a different dog has no problems. If I remember right, Jumbones have a lot of rice, etc. and certainly aren't as bad as some other treats.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:26 AM
Top Dog

My dogs loves those!

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:43 PM
Quigleyfied

Jumbones are horrible. The main ingredients are rice flour and sugar, which don't have much nutritional value and dogs shouldn't eat refined sugar period.

They also contain "cellulose powder" (bleached and processed plant waste like for example corn cobs), propylene glycol (a chemical additive which is not cleared as a general-purpose food grade product or direct food additive in many countries), animal digest and meat byproducts (these can include pretty much anything from diseased farm animals to roadkill).

It's a waste of money and contains nothing a dog would really benefit from nutritionally. Even homemade oatmeal cookies (with a little honey instead of any sugar and without raisins) would be a better alternative.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Top Dog

woops... So jumbones and greenies are a big No-no, that sucks because they were great for keeping my doggies occupied, I guess i'll look at the label before buying treats next time. Thanks mordy

Thanks Brattina88 for the siggy! its b-e-a-UTIFUL!
Old 04-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Dog Show Addict

hehe I'm soo glad Riot is allergic to wheat sometimes.. he can only have the "good" treats.. most of the crap treats first ingredient is wheat!
Ares
Princess aka Tettles

Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Active Pup

Default Jumbones

My two chihuahuas received small Jumbones for Christmas. After eating them, the larger dog threw up for two days, but my little guy Fig had the worst diarrhea for about a week. It was horrible. He felt so bad. I will NEVER use these products again.